Mind Trick Suggestion

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jason Vi'Duo

Mind Trick Suggestion

Post by Jason Vi'Duo »

I just noticed someone had posted about the mind trick and thought i would give my suggestion.

Anyway, I have always had problems with Mind trick myself, Because mindtrick is used in the Movies to make easy agreements, Or Reveal information or resolve matters without causing harm. Mind Trick was used for many different force powers. But ingame they have made MindTrick the force power to make you invisible. Which is not a force power that Mind Trick has. It has always fussed me because it isn't correct.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mind_trick
(It doesn't state that you go invisible when mind tricking)

So instead, When i read this i thought maybe we could do something with the Force Power.

I was thinking, Make Mind Trick become Force Cloak.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_cloak
(Description)

Although, It isn't entirely accurate, I think it makes more sense.

Then, Mind trick could stay as it is, But maybe with a different power, Such as be able to use force persuasion (Without having to PM them that there being persuaded). Although i haven't correctly figured how it could work ingame. But maybe you could use the force power and it would Shake the players screen, If that player suddenly does a animation, It means you have successfully mind tricked him and that you can persuade him. But if the player doesn't do the animation then your Mind trick powers are not strong enough to force persuade.

Or we could get rid of Mind trick and just RP it, When doing a force persuasion or something. But over all i think Mind Trick needs some work.
Last edited by Jason Vi'Duo on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
| Name: ---- | Age: ----- | Gender: ------ | Species: ------- | Rank: None |
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

With RPmod's game mechanics, it makes NPC's follow you I believe and fight FOR rather than against you due to it mostly being base mechanics from SP I think.
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Phillip Braden wrote:With RPmod's game mechanics, it makes NPC's follow you I believe and fight FOR rather than against you due to it mostly being base mechanics from SP I think.
I mean really, someone could just use a cloaking field to go invisible rather than waste force points using Mind Trick.

EDIT: You can also find the function of EVERY force power in the RPmod in This topic, it's worth looking at if you plan to make a suggestion about force powers :D
Jason Vi'Duo

Post by Jason Vi'Duo »

After looking at the Force Powers that RP Mod use and the description.

It turns out that Mind Trick and Force Cloak are put together. Which i can understand is easier. But i would still think that it would be better if they were made separate force powers.

But that is just me, Maybe i am being paranoid. :roll:
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

What used to be mind trick is now cloak.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

A good idea is maybe create a command /rpcloak or /rpforcecloak which turns you invisible, infact I might suggest that it sounds like a good idea.
Jason Vi'Duo

Post by Jason Vi'Duo »

That is exactly what i just said. -_-

Separate Force Cloak from Mind Trick and make it so you can Cloak (Become Invisible) then find something different to add to Mind Trick instead of Invisibility.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Mind 'Trick' is something that should be used within actions, but also within reason. The only other thing, if it is even POSSIBLE, is to have a sort of mind control for 10 seconds. *heh* or you become a friendly target for a while in which case the opponent can't attack the user.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Mind trick is essentially influencing another person's mind, thus being able to take your visage from their mind.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

I mean like, /rpcloak or /rpforcecloak makes you invisible, and mind trick makes NPC's follow you.
Last edited by Phillip Braden on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

A 45 second stun? Force Paralysis has nothing to do with Mind Trick.

You're obfuscating the power even further with this suggestion.

It's fine as it is.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Tomoran wrote:A 45 second stun? Force Paralysis has nothing to do with Mind Trick.

You're obfuscating the power even further with this suggestion.

It's fine as it is.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Here's how it goes. We got two general types of people here. Those who like rping and those who like progression.

I, being one of the extremely few who like realism in both, decided that EVERY vertient of mind trick is different from one another and thus, you don't get all mind tricks just by practicing one. Force Cloak is indeed one vertient of it, and since rpmod already changed the power's name, this suggestion was implemented long ago.

What I mean is, you say that you possess Force Cloak lvl2, but that doesn't necessarily give you the power to persuade, confuse, fear, and so on.

Wanna play realistically? LEARN those RP powers that you say you possess. Jedi don't get to "release calming feelings" or "tell complex sentences with telepathy" just by being Jedi.

However, all said above is my, and sadly only my, sole opinion on the matter.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Caleb Quintilian
Lost One

Post by Caleb Quintilian »

The meaty goodness of Mind Trick appears in the text of the RP, rather than the game mechanics.

So we're all fine here.

Let's build that reactor.