Class Balance (Proposal 3 Page 10, Updated 288.22)

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Cynthia wrote:So far only one official proposal has been posted Tomoran. Could you post some more?
It was posted yesterday. I plan on posting another one tomorrow and another one on Friday.

Then two more next week.

I'm not in any rush.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Wait, where's proposal 2? Which page? O.o

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Ruluk wrote:Wait, where's proposal 2? Which page? O.o
I said one has been posted. It was on Monday.

The second will be Wednesday.

The third Friday.

The fourth next Monday.

The fifth next Wednesday.

Probably, anyway. I might do more. I might do less. This is the plan for now.
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Maloush wrote:Many of these ideas would take months to implement and even longer to adjust to. Currently, the game mechanic don't interfere with the day-to-day RPs. Sure, fix the HP and FP systems a bit, but overhauling the whole system seems illogical at this point.
We're still in Beta, I don't find changing the system in beta to be illogical.
Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Rash Loist wrote:
Maloush wrote:Many of these ideas would take months to implement and even longer to adjust to. Currently, the game mechanic don't interfere with the day-to-day RPs. Sure, fix the HP and FP systems a bit, but overhauling the whole system seems illogical at this point.
Yes, true. But I meant from JEDI's perspective. Changing this would force us all to RP differently...to make us readjust, etc. It's not a bad idea, no, but the risk involved and the actions need to do it just doesn't seem worth it. But, that's my opinion.

If Soh wants to do this, then by all means do it. I, along with many others who oppose this will have to deal with it in the end.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Maloush wrote:Changing this would force us all to RP differently...to make us readjust, etc.
How do you come to that conclusion?

In a table top RPG, it doesn't matter to my character's motivations, personality or their background whether I roll D100 or a D6 to hit the orc with my sword.
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Maloush wrote:
Rash Loist wrote:
Yes, true. But I meant from JEDI's perspective. Changing this would force us all to RP differently...to make us readjust, etc. It's not a bad idea, no, but the risk involved and the actions need to do it just doesn't seem worth it. But, that's my opinion.

If Soh wants to do this, then by all means do it. I, along with many others who oppose this will have to deal with it in the end.
This technically is a beta release of rpmod, but for all of us it is more then that because as maloush pointed out it would affect the way we rp our character progression greatly. It is a risk that may not be worth all the time Soh would have to put in to this or the trouble we may have with it. If anything a few small tweaks would be good. Or doing away with the class system for another system, but that seems unpopular.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Hold up, I think we are sort of losing track sorta.

It's simple proposals for tweaks that some might like, some might not and some might want to hear more of before making an opinion.

So let's just see what else Tomo comes up with and take it from there. If it gets implemented or not will come once we know what's on offer and what is possible from Soh.

Then we can debate! :D

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:
Maloush wrote:Changing this would force us all to RP differently...to make us readjust, etc.
How do you come to that conclusion?

In a table top RPG, it doesn't matter to my character's motivations, personality or their background whether I roll D100 or a D6 to hit the orc with my sword.
I don't speak RPG text, so you'll have to explain that to me. Changing the game mechanics will force us to have to adopt new tactics, strategies, and techniques when sparring, rping our progression, our powers, etc.

| age_44 | height_1.80m | weight_81.65g | race_rodian | mentor_martis.alguien | padawan_sarran.kuo/delmi.n'jork/caleb.quintilian|

((Alt. Character Skin))

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

In plain English, d100 is a 100-sided die, while a d6 is a six-sided die.

The changes being proposed here - and any changes to the classes, in fact - alter the way we play the game. It would not, however, alter how we roleplay.

There would be a period of adjustment, and we would have to alter how we think about saber combat and Force powers... but only within the context of combat. No matter what changes are implemented, our characters remain the same people we have been portraying. Their thoughts, feelings and motives are all things that exist independent of game mechanics. Roleplaying is roleplaying, whether you're using RPMod, JAPlus, MB2 or even BaseJKA.

At the end of the day, our characters are more than just their in-game Force templates.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Maloush
Lost One

Post by Maloush »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote:At the end of the day, our characters are more than just their in-game Force templates.
My point exactly. It's nothing to do with anyone's suggestions. It's just the fact that we should be content with how it is now. It all comes down to the roleplay. The mechanics are just benefits in my view. They make RPing easier.
Last edited by Maloush on Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

((Alt. Character Skin))

Imil C. Ucindus
Lost One

Post by Imil C. Ucindus »

Nira'kalen'nuruodo wrote: The changes being proposed here - and any changes to the classes, in fact - alter the way we play the game. It would not, however, alter how we roleplay.
I believe in myself. Do you believe in me?
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Proposal 2

Multiclass
Everybody starts as a base 'jedi' and all characters gain a base amount of stats as they level up, which slowly grows as they get into later levels. Classes are offered as specializations, changing available force powers and granting bonuses to hp/force amounts until they specialize again to choose their final path into their knighthood which bestows greater benefits and grants the mastery levels of certain powers depending on path.

Jedi – Levels 1-7
At the end of Level 7, choose Guardian, Sentinel or Consular
At the end of level 18, choose:
As a Guardian, Guardian-Guardian, Guardian-Sentinel or Guardian-Consular (Can't think of any cool names right now)
As a Sentinel, Sentinel-Guardian, Sentinel-Sentinel or Sentinel-Consular
As a Consular, Consular-Guardian, Consular-Sentinel or Consular-Consular

This lets people get a mix of things and open different paths.

Level / HP Max / Force / Health Regen / Force Regen
1 / 50 / 50 / 3500 / 1900
2 / 52 / 52 / 3450 / 1850
3 / 54 / 54 / 3400 / 1800
4 / 56 / 56 / 3350 / 1750
5 / 58 / 58 / 3300 / 1700
6 / 60 / 60 / 3250 / 1650
7 / 62 / 62 / 3200 / 1600
8 / 64 / 64 / 3150 / 1550
9 / 66 / 66 / 3100 / 1500
10 / 68 / 68 / 3050 / 1450
11 / 72 / 72 / 2975 / 1375
12 / 76 / 76 / 2900 / 1300
13 / 80 / 80 / 2825 / 1225
14 / 84 / 84 / 2750 / 1150
15 / 88 / 88 / 2675 / 1075
16 / 92 / 92 / 2600 / 1000
17 / 96 / 96 / 2525 / 925
18 / 100 / 100 / 2450 / 750
19 / 104 / 104 / 2375 / 675
20 / 108 / 108 / 2300 / 600
21 / 116 / 116 /2200 / 500
22 / 124 / 124 / 2100 / 400
23 / 132 / 132 / 2000 / 300
24 / 140 / 140 / 1900 / 200
25 / 150 / 150 / 1800 / 100

These are base values.

At level 8, you make your first choice. Here are the differences in the classes:

Guardians: Gain 100 extra HP over 10 levels, so at level 8-18 they gain 10 extra hp for those levels, putting them at 200 hp at 18 and 232 at level 25

The following powers can be raised past level 3:

Jump (to 5)
Speed (to 5)
Absorb (to 4)
Heal (to 5)
Protect (to 4)
Heal Others (to 5)
Rage (to 4)
Saber Offense (to 4)
Saber Defense (to 4)
Saber Throw (to 4)

Consulars: Gain 100 extra FP over 10 levels, so at level 8-18 they gain 10 extra FP for those levels, putting them at 200 FP at 18 and 232 at level 25.

The following powers can be raised past level 3:

Push (to 5)
Pull (to 5)
Seeing (to 5)
Absorb (to 4)
Mind Trick (to 4)
Heal others (to 5)
Hold (to 4)
Drain/Slow (to 4)
Storm (to 4)
Force Meld (to 5)
Saber Throw (to 4)

Sentinels: Gain 50 extra HP and FP over 10 levels, so at level 8-18 they gain 5 extra HP/FP for those levels, putting them at 150 hp/FP at 18 and 182 hp/FP at level 25.

All powers can be raised to level 4.

At level 19, Guardians get the following specialization options:

Guardian-Guardian: -1000 ms flat in HP regen, making a level 19 Guardian have 1375 hp regen (doubled when still as per original suggestion, for 687.5 ms hp regen when still, parrybonus 1 and blockbonus 1 on personal sabers, Opens Level 5 Saber Offense/Defense/Rage

Guardian-Sentinel: an additional 50 extra experience to apply towards powers, Level 4 in all powers, +25 FP

Guardian-Consular: 50 extra Force flat, making a level 19 G-C have 204 HP and 154 FP. Opens level 5 Saber Throw/Protect/Absorb at level 19, maximum Force Regen rate(50ms)

At level 19, Sentinels get the following specialization options:

Sentinel-Guardian: +50 experience to apply towards powers, +50 additional HP, giving a level 19 S-G 204 HP/154 FP. Opens Level 5 Saber Offense/Defense/Protect, Level 3 everything else

Sentinel-Sentinel: +100 extra experience to apply towards powers, +50 HP/FP, max ability power level 4

Sentinel-Consular: +50 experience to apply towards powers, +50 additional FP, giving a level 19 S-C 154 HP/204 FP. Opens Level 5 Storm/Absorb/Hold, level 3 everything else

At level 19, Consulars get the following specialization options:

Consular-Guardian: 50 extra HP flat, making a level 19 C-G have 154 HP/204 FP. Opens level Absorb/Saber Throw/Slow, -1000 ms flat in HP regen, making a level 19 Consular have 1375 hp regen (doubled when still as per original suggestion, for 687.5 ms hp regen when still

Consular-Sentinel: +50 experience to apply towards powers, level 4 in all powers opened, +25 HP flat

Consular-Consular: Maximum Force Regen rate (50ms), Opens Level 5 Storm/Hold/Mind Trick

Note that I am willing to bend on the specific levels that 'advance' and this is the 'bones' of this suggestion. This system implies the force powers changes listed earlier as I think they're good suggestions no matter what happens.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I like it. Cool names are a must, though.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Mostly, I like it. However unless the xp requirements to level up are lower, then I think we should put the special advanced classes at level 14 or 15 so that very advanced padawans can pick their path. But that's just me. Now if we added extra levels and decreased leveling up requirements then level 18 is fine. But if the level requirements stay the same, I think it should be brought down to level 14-15.

Also, is the Force regen rate for consular going to be higher? Because if not then I am not supporting it. I don't care about how much fp I have as long as the force regen rate is better than that of the guardians and sentinels.

/support But I still want the specialization requirements lowered to level 14, 15 or 16 and the Force regen rate for consulars be higher then the others.