/exitemote

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Jenny Wrix
Lost One

/exitemote

Post by Jenny Wrix »

"Oh great another suggestion by Jenny"

Here's another idea to be shot down. Seriously though, instead of pressing crouch or grip or something that exits you out of the emote could we get an actual command that exits it that you have to bind?

So when you are in an emote it will force the animation onto your character like when you hold the inventory use key and the only way out of it is the /exitemote command. THEREFORE you can jump in the air or roll or whatever with the /ematease emote so it doesn't look like you're breaking a pair of handcuffs in half (or whatever). Usually it would take your hands apart to play the mid-air roll, could go for anything you can think of where one animation overwrites another.

If this could also work the other way where a weapon switch overwrites an /emsit with just arm movement and not leg movement so you stand or something, you could hold a blaster in your hand while sitting.

/emwait
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

I actually like this idea.

/support, and by extension, the /support of my 1000s of underlings.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Yeh I think this was suggested before.. I think.. lol
It's not a huge concern but if it were possible to /emwait to activate and /emwait again to start the exiting animation, twould be swell :)

/emexit might be better in the long run though yes. If possible, this would be nice.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Sai Akiada wrote:It's not a huge concern but if it were possible to /emwait to activate and /emwait again to start the exiting animation, twould be swell :)
When I asked Fabien about this, he told me to use crouch... :(
Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

I... didn't get it. O_o

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

If it's looking for a way to exit an emote you want, crouching does the trick quickly.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I think the main point of the idea is to lock the emote in so that it doesn't come off even when crouching, or jumping or anything that would normally take you out of an emote.

Locking it until you type in /exitemote is a decent idea. I know what she means though, if you are doing ematease with your hands behind your back for cuffs, as soo as you run and jump, you come out and have to reapply the emote. If it were possible to lock it in that would be pretty cool, I'm not desperate for the idea but it make a nice addition for certain aspects like Jenny pointed out though.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Exactly!

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

Sebastin Creed wrote:I think the main point of the idea is to lock the emote in so that it doesn't come off even when crouching, or jumping or anything that would normally take you out of an emote.
QFT
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Yes, I can definitely see Jenny's point and I agree with it. This would be a wonderful thing to see added.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

I don't' think this is needed. We don't have a huge dev team like mmo's so I think if we are going to have additions/changes that they should be needed ones. If we had a huge dev team with tons of time I would support this. But we don't so /notsupport.
Eugen Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Eugen Darkrider »

Illrian Damaris wrote:Yes, I can definitely see Jenny's point and I agree with it. This would be a wonderful thing to see added.
Masters: Nira'kalen'nuruodo | Iverian Prey | Aslyn Denethorn
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Cynthia wrote:I don't' think this is needed. We don't have a huge dev team like mmo's so I think if we are going to have additions/changes that they should be needed ones. If we had a huge dev team with tons of time I would support this. But we don't so /notsupport.
That's why Fabien has a LIST of high and low priority features to implement, homegirl.