Healing.

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Phillip Braden

Healing.

Post by Phillip Braden »

I'm not sure if this is already a feature or not but I guess I'll suggest it anyway, I've noticed that people heal slowly on their own so I thought maybe make some changes:

Consulars heal x3 faster (12 hp per 15 seconds) natually due to their connection and understanding of the force (x6 when using force heal).

Sentinels heal x2 faster (6 hp per 15 seconds) Naturally same as above (x4 when using force heal).

Guardians heal as is already set due to their focus on saber combat rather than the force (x2 when using force heal).

I just thought it would be a nice feature to have varied healing speeds.

Thoughts?
Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Well, the automatic regeneration should stay the same, as it's stamina regeneration instead of Force-powered regeneration. A guardian is very physical, so he should be able to regain HP at the same rate as Consulars. I think this would result in somewhat a broken system where the Consulars get more buffs, regenerating also while making full use of other Forcepowers, while the Guardians already have little bonus, as suggested in the other thread. Now that I think of it, a guardian doesn't neccesarily have a worse connection or understanding of the Force, just a different outlook at worst. Anakin Skywalker was a Guardian, but I think he was more connected to the Force than many Consulars.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

It's a nice thought, though I think that where the guardians should regen raster than a sentinel and the sentinel regen faster than a consular.

It should reverse on the ability force heal due to the connection in the force.

Guardians have a larger pool on HP and Shield but due to their physical side of things their regen/'stamina' should be better than that of others.

Nice thought though :wink:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

This would only serve to further unbalance the class system from a game play perspective.
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:This would only serve to further unbalance the class system from a game play perspective.
|age_48|height_1.72m|weight_64kg |race_mirialan|mentor_aknaross.myotis| padawans_serris.k'ral/oberon.pentari/voth.ahkrin|
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Alkur Tekeil wrote:This would only serve to further unbalance the class system from a game play perspective.
Caleb Quintilian
Lost One

Post by Caleb Quintilian »

If everyone gets a bonus is this like inflation?
Mortael Toronous

Post by Mortael Toronous »

Not every bonus would cause 'inflation.' When discussing suggestions it can be very difficult, whilst your points are clear, they seem to be good ideas. However, in reality it would depend on endurance- I guess it could be down to the Guardian; on the other hand it could be down to the Consular's force regenerative ability - therefore; all classes would regenerate at the same rate. As for the sentinel, he/she can use both methods; but let's say 50/50. Besides, the regenerative ability is meant to be slow. One slightest change could initially ruin it, and making healing more redundant.
| Name: Mortael Toronous | Age: 5| Date of Birth: --.19 Gender: Male | Species: Near-Human | Rank: None | Homeworld: Dantooine

Skin used: N/A
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Alkur wrote:This would only serve to further unbalance the class system from a game play perspective.
Agreed.
Olim wrote:a guardian doesn't neccesarily have a worse connection or understanding of the Force
A song I've sung many times in other topics.

These ranks should be looked at almost as an occupation that best suits your characters. Not an indication of a person's Midi-chlorian count.

People tend to go with the class that "wins" even if it is mirror-opposite of their RP character. By keeping classes balanced, people will resort to using their RP as the decider on what class to take. This is better.

In the end they're only tags that we can apply to assign ourselves in-character roles and personas. It shouldn't be so black and white - dictating what you can and cannot do from a game perspective.

The farther away people can get from KOTOR's game-play mindset, the better.

-Vantus

Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

No
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Cynthia wrote:No
Lol gotta love Cynthia's way of just going straight to the point.
No. Lol.

I must agree with the others here. I myself am a Guardian, and I already have more HP/Shield then those who are Sentinel's or Consular's at the same level as myself. Yes, Consular's have more Force, and while they regenerate it faster, that is to be expected.

When you're running around, engaged in a spar or a fight, you don't have time for your stamina to slowly re-build itself, as you're focused on taking your opponent out and thus using your stamina to do so.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Just act defensive and stalk around the mat slowly, let them waste time running while you secretly heal and plot your move to finish the spar quickly ;).

No sense altering the health regen time since it would make things unbalanced, and I suggested this before, saying edit it for each class but was told it would result in the system being more unbalanced.

You could always scrap the three classes and replace them with others.
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Phillip Braden wrote: You could always scrap the three classes and replace them with others.
We are still working on that. :wink:
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

Cynthia wrote:
Phillip Braden wrote: You could always scrap the three classes and replace them with others.
We are still working on that. :wink:
I kinda figured that out soon after :wink:
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Cynthia wrote:No
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri