Rechargeable Shields

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Rechargeable Shields

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

I've heard it suggested many times before, so I thought I'd make an official post.

I've always preferred the concept of a shielding unit that recharges over time (like in halo) because with all the tech Star Wars supplies it seems that a shield with a long lasting battery would be something simple.

My idea is say x seconds after combat stops (combat meaning the last time you were hit) your shield begins to recharge with every step your character takes (much like how an alternator in a car works, recharging the battery with the spin of the wheels). I don't mean anything fast like WOOOSH and all of a sudden you're back at 100% shields, but slowly regenerating with steps taken or even over a certain amount of time like stamina.

I'm sure there are other variations of this that I haven't thought of, so please post them if you think of them.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Herenai
Lost One

Post by Herenai »

I like and support this idea.
Zekii to Azra : "You're blue because of the lack of oxygen in your blood ! "
Xa'o Zalei
Lost One

Post by Xa'o Zalei »

I actually like this as well. Even in spars if your shield slowly (I mean slowly) regenerated, your health would still stay still without using a health pack or Heal. It would make spars longer (potentially) and quite interesting.
A Jedi does not grasp at power. A Jedi is not a dominator, not an oppressor. To grasp for power is to abandon the ways of the Force.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Yeah, I have to agree with this as well. Make it regenerate like the health itself does. As far as I know, your health doesn't recharge just instantly and fast, it goes pretty slow (at least for me) and I think it doing that with the shields would be a wonderful idea.

I support this!
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

I'm gonna shout "REALISM" on this one. Energy smacking into an energy shield will deplete it.

And either the recharge time will be too fast, and those with shields will fight FOREVER, or it will be too slow and be utterly pointless.
It will drastically change the way we do combat in JKA. I wholeheartedly say no to this one.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I'm in agreement with Alkur.
Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

I've noticed that when you are running, health doesn't regenerate, only when walking or stationary does it regenerate.
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Nope.

/not support
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Aslyn wrote:I'm in agreement with Alkur.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian