Jabber/XMPP

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

If Soh is willing to investigate integrating this into RPMod's "suite" of services, I'd definitely be interested in seeing what we can do with it. Like many others, I use Windows Live Messenger for more than just JEDI, so if I can separate the two, that would be grand.

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I wouldn't mind being able to seperate the two as well, a JEDI dominated service such as this would be welcomed in my opinion. Even something like Xfire with an in-game from out-game ability would be great, both for OOC chatter but also the RP aspect too (Seeing as people like to continue RP during private chat) when members are off world and wish to send a message back home, it would be excellent to see it come up in temple.

*shrugs* loads of ideas, but good I suppose... as long as we have the option to block!

/rpblock azrael
/rpblock olim
/rpblock simus
/rpblock aayla
/rpunblock aayla
/rpblock rash

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

So long as people didn't start feeling they no longer needed to log on the server as much to RP. I'd hate to be reduced to sitting on the server alone RPing with a bunch of ghosts over an Xfire-like interface.

Suggestions are often like tools and like most tools, it's not the tools themselves that are dangerous, but the hands that opperate them.

Like many others:

For RPmod's public release: cool feature I suppose.
For JEDI's use exclusively: not worth it / potentially damaging.

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

No no no, it's a communications device... not a substitue.

I mean, for example - we have /Comm for walkie talkie like action, sometimes if a persons off world they will either resort to using a droid (Knight Permitted) or use the new interface in which they can send a message from it, to it's recipient (sp?) in an RP manner so that they can chat back and forth in character.

my main hope it is to use it in a more structured RP manner as well, hence my desire to see it become an Xfire like set up where we can access it FROM server.

That would be awesome for such things as:

additional mission details (or briefing, if not briefed IC)
class notes directly to the 'Datapad'
perhaps a better way to chat privately from across temple rather than 'awesome telepathy you didnt know about a week ago' or having to go OOC (say you dont wish to broadcast directly over comm link).

Stuff like that would be super awesome... i know people wanted to access the forum from in-game, some said just go window mode but some hate window mode... either way, lots of ideas to try out. Would be cool to have a 'proper' datapad like system.

Though, I guess this all really comes down to it actually being something one could use ON SERVER. If not, I guess it's a neat way to seperate my MSN and JEDI.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol