Hey, that hurts!

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

^ Truth. Absolutely agree with the above. Well, page before it seems...

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That noted, to generate the proper effect for the crates (i.e. if they were pushed into somebody, they would be knocked down), you'd also have to do the same with the Humanoid NPCs, so they could push you down simply by running into you...
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Isn't that decent as well, or even with normal players? I could imagine holding an actual player and tossing him into others, causing them to fall over and then doing whatever afterwards. It shouldn't be anything like if you get touched or if someone falls onto of you, you get knocked down. That's extreme.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

That's the problem - I'm not certain you could code velocity into the equation without a serious engine overhaul.
Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Post by Aurien Uriah »

I don't think it would be useful unless the classes system were changed to factor in feats like Strength, Balance...ect. Not opposed to the idea though. I just think with our current system it would do more harm than good.
"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I don't find this necessary. A good RPer, when hit by a crate or object that would hurt them, would just RP being hit and use a knockdown emote.

Don't let the game mechanics do the thinking/RPing for you!

Species: Ryn

Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

There is only one issue from this, Rash cannot be knocked over by crates /emflex
Herenai
Lost One

Post by Herenai »

Rash Loist wrote:There is only one issue from this, Rash cannot be knocked over by crates /emflex
The crates would be knocked down, indeed.

I agree with this suggestion btw, it would add to realism. And in battles, or Force fights, It would be awesome to see the opponent knocked down or hurt by the crates because, to be honnest, no one RP that.( OR a few RP it... )
Zekii to Azra : "You're blue because of the lack of oxygen in your blood ! "
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Herenai wrote:..because, to be honnest, no one RP that.( OR a few RP it... )
Don't you think this is something we should all address as a community then? Sorry, I know it's a little bit of a side step from the topic but, Herenai makes a good point.

I'd love to see people taking this initiative.

As for the crates.. hmm, well.. I guess I answered that lol

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I agree. Creating a mod solution in place of fixing lazy rp isn't the way to go. The RP should be fixed, not the mechanics.

Species: Ryn

Phillip Braden

Post by Phillip Braden »

I don't mean to ruin it, but you could just push the box AROUND them rather than knock them over, or politely ask them to move.

If both fail

Teleport them into the void under the map :twisted:

Nice idea though, I would support it but it might get annoying or abused over time as people are pushing stuff into people just to knock them over to annoy them on purpose.