Hey, that hurts!

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Kharen Aarhan

Hey, that hurts!

Post by Kharen Aarhan »

I've been watching people pushing boxes all around the temple, but sometimes there's someone who has the brilliant idea of standing in front of a box.
So, as I've seen in some Halo gameplay videos, would it be possible that when an object is pushed or pulled and then hits someone, this someone would be at least knocked down (as in the emote)?
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Well definitely can be done, as our objects are NPCs, and in MB2 if you push someone into another person, they both get knocked down.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Bendak

Post by Bendak »

Same in Open Jedi Project (at least earlier versions) which is open-coded, so guess that means less work for Soh.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

As long as it can measure on the force of a push or something... as the last thing I want to do is get stuck in between objects and keep tripping over myself trying to escape.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Would be decently nice to see this be done. However, I hope that it doesn't get to the point where when someone gets knocked down, they can't get up because someone continues to push an object on them by accident.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Mortael Toronous

Post by Mortael Toronous »

I most definitely support this idea. It would increase the level of RP and more can be done with abilities and training sessions. Nice thought! However, if we look at it in a negative point of view; it could become annoying and *could* be abused, but I doubt that very much so and so what if it's annoying? You wouldn't have somebody standing on your head if somebody landed on top of you. Etc. I like it. I hope it gets added. :)
| Name: Mortael Toronous | Age: 5| Date of Birth: --.19 Gender: Male | Species: Near-Human | Rank: None | Homeworld: Dantooine

Skin used: N/A
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

I wouldn't like it implemented personally, but i'm not opposed to the reason for suggesting it. If that makes any kind of sense.
I agree it is realistic and would make sense but I can see it being more bothersome and used as a form of griefing rather than RP realism. How often do people spar by throwing crates at eachother anyway?
Mortael Toronous wrote:You wouldn't have somebody standing on your head if somebody landed on top of you.
I think this was suggested before. (When a player lands on another's head, the recieving player is Knocked down.)
If I recall correctly, the idea was shot down faster than you could say "Abuse".

Sometimes (and more often than not) head-standing occurs in error. Either by a player trying to position themselves near another, teleporting near another player, or unintentionally in spars. I believe there would be far more people saying ((oops! mt)) over "hah! got you!".

Currently, nobody actually WANTS to stand on people's heads because it has no effect in spars. Now, if it meant you could hop on somebody so they fell down and could be easily ground-stabbed, then EVERYONE would do it and spars would become a game of Super Mario.

Plus there is the argument of no longer being able to give a "booster" or standing on somebody elses shoulders in RP.

Sorry for always saying "no, no, no" and being so bottom-line about suggestions! I don't mean to be so negative! I just think about the suggestion at first, then balance it with what I know about JEDI and the JKA community in general. That's when the "no" comes.

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

If there was a way to have the box effected by force abilities to sort of 'activation' then maybe... but like Vantus said, if it were just a touch it could become bothersome.

If you for example, pushed the box or you could throw it then yeah... would look realistic. Though as I sit here in my trail of thought, I could see myself standing on a box and an Initate using force push and me going "ooo oooo OOOOOO WWWOOAAH!!" ::Face plants ground::

....Yeah, bothersome is a good word. :lol:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Maybe you can finally throw people into walls with this.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Vantus
Lost One

Post by Vantus »

Plus, what happens when you Force Pull a box?

*Pulls a box, knocking himself the hell out*

The ONLY way I think this could be good would be if there was a 0.5 to 1 second "activation" period. So the only way you would be knocked back would be if you made contact with the box within the first 0.5 to 1 seconds of it being pushed.

If it could also be restricted to Push 3+ and Grip 4+ or something like that, it would further prevent abuse becoming the norm.

Everyone knows what happens when new easy-mode combat features get added, right?

Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Don't have it with pull. That or there's something to prevent knocking yourself over.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Eugen Darkrider
Lost One

Post by Eugen Darkrider »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:Don't have it with pull. That or there's something to prevent knocking yourself over.
*Player one pushes the crate to player two* *Player two gets knocked down*
*Player one pulls the crate to himself* *Player one does not get knocked down*
*Player one doesn't get knocked down because the one 'activating' the knockdown-able-nes of the crate is player one*

Makes sense?
And I like the suggestion. As long as it will not be abused IC/OOC.
As in 'Pwning a person standing on the crate'

Also with the Physics, if it will be implemented, it will be really realistic.

*Barrels rolling down a hill side knocks down a group of enemies* Is real enough.
Masters: Nira'kalen'nuruodo | Iverian Prey | Aslyn Denethorn
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Most if not all of our 'crates' are icly holograms. No need for this.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

While the crates we may use for training are holograms, they do have that given feel about them, hence why we're able to use the Force on them, and while we can do things such as stack them or stand on them..
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Cynthia wrote:Most if not all of our 'crates' are icly holograms. No need for this.
That makes no sense and is pretty much completely unhelpful.

Holograms IC have physical properties, as evidenced by most sparring holograms we come across, it's not unreasonable to assume that being hit by something solid will get knocked out or down, or even get a small dock in stamina.

Saying "well since most of our crates our holograms then we don't need to add physics to them" is just untrue. Crates are used in missions, in the temple, and in simulations, all of which would require correct physics applied if possible.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria