Color code

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Circe

Color code

Post by Circe »

Hello all. I was just thinking on something I remember from other RP,n where I used YELLOW colour to drscribe TOUGHTS. Its really useful, well I see it that way. Hope you don't bother for posting this, is just a Suggestion* :wink:
--->Model&Skin:Download
-----------------------------------------------------------
[Name: Circellha Thiab] [Age: 16] [Species: Togruta] [Homeworld: Shili]
Jason Vi'Duo

Post by Jason Vi'Duo »

I believe we do not Roleplay thoughts, So i dont believe it would come handy.
| Name: ---- | Age: ----- | Gender: ------ | Species: ------- | Rank: None |
Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Post by Aurien Uriah »

We use "::<message>::" for actions. Most use white font as well. However, the brackets are really meant to describe actions people would be able to see. There are a few exceptions of course , but thoughts are rather pointless to type.

Think of JEDI as Third person limited. Each player knows the thoughts of their own character. In a rare situation where a Jedi would be reading your mind or something, PM the thoughts.
"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mortael Toronous

Post by Mortael Toronous »

Displaying thoughts would be incredibly stupid, because in reality we don't see what people are thinking and if we did we naturally act differently. Writing out thoughts would make other people realise what kind of character you are and that's not good really. It would spoil the attempts to get to know the character.
| Name: Mortael Toronous | Age: 5| Date of Birth: --.19 Gender: Male | Species: Near-Human | Rank: None | Homeworld: Dantooine

Skin used: N/A
Jared
Lost One

Post by Jared »

I wouldn't go as far as saying RPing thoughts is 'incredibly stupid' as It's often a feature of RP communities, particularly forum based ones - however in JEDI we've never RP'd thoughts, preferring instead to emote the nuances of sentient behaviour in double semi-colons. :D

We DO however RP telepathy (sometimes), and this, like force bond communications, is coloured light blue.

A valid suggestion for RPmod, but not one that we'll probably adopt considering JEDI's RP ethos.
To choose doubt as a philosophy of life is akin to choosing immobility as a means of transportation.
SKIN FROM RPMOD ASSETS
Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Color coding, and bracketry really doesn't have anything to do with the mod, considering its base game engine mechanics.

That being said, illustrating character thoughts is counter-immersive, considering the information is generally for out of character purposes.
I say generally, because it could be used for telepathy. HOWEVER, the general practice in JEDI is that if an individual wants to illustrate a thought that is picked up by telepathy they generally do it via /tell's and cyan text.

For future reference, and as a word of advice, get to know the JEDI protocol and ask people about things before making posts.