Changes to NPC's

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

This is actually long over due. We had plans to release this along with the last map upload but something or other happened that I cannot recall right now, and it was forgotten about..

I can crack on with this if no one else has dibs on it. As was mentioned, voice actors are not necessary but if we have willing V.A's who can record sufficiently well, so be it.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

I have sent an update for B-53 to Aayla/Soh a long time ago, but it was never implemented, not sure if was tested or not. The coding is sound. Rest of the NPC's you really can not update without having to add a variety of new menus.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Azrael wrote:Dibs on voicing an archives droid.
I was talking to seb about an archives droid being realistic (or maybe it was Aslyn) and that maybe we should have one but he said there wasn't really need with Azra and Aslyn being soo good at their jobs :o
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Elu Dako wrote:
Azrael wrote:Dibs on voicing an archives droid.
I was talking to seb about an archives droid being realistic (or maybe it was Aslyn) and that maybe we should have one but he said there wasn't really need with Azra and Aslyn being soo good at their jobs :o
Now now, calm down - they already have big egos no need to feed that.

::Ushers him out the door:: :roll:

An archive droid COULD be useful and handy, but like Amoné said the novelty of that one would ware thing, PLUS Aslyn and Azra'el are already doing a good job of allowing and restricting access to materials some students should not be reading.

If we stuck an Archives droid I'm pretty certain that would start a wild fire.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

:o hehe.

I highly doubt there would be a explosion of hopefuls learning too much, the archives droid could consist of the following in terms of text:

Who the droid is?
It's function
What data is available in the archives
Where certain holobooks containing certain topics are found (shelves)
Archives account information (So people who icly aren't aware of how the terminals work can learn)
Knight Restricted: Advanced/restricted learning protocols where the droid assists by telling them were to find data thats otherwise restricted to students and hopefuls.
Master Restricted: Same as Knight but further data
Council Restricted: Same as Knight and Master

Note: Knight, Master and Council could include where holocrons may be found and/or how to access them ;).

Thoughts?
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Sebastin Creed wrote: If we stuck an Archives droid I'm pretty certain that would start a wild fire.
Agreed,

Lets not replace roles that could be (or are) filled by members of JEDI with NPCs.

I don't mind the likes of B-53 because a "Jedi Bartender" is silly notion.

If we introduced an Archives Droid you can bet your bottom dollar you will hear Azrael shouting: "THEY TOOK OUR JOOOOB!!!" :x
Last edited by Amoné Fayden on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Amoné Fayden wrote:Agreed,

Lets not replace roles that could (or are) filled by members of JEDI with NPCs.

I don't mind the likes of B-53 because a "Jedi Bartender" is silly notion.

If we introduced an Archives Droid you can bet your bottom dollar you will hear Azrael shouting: "THEY TOOK OUR JOOOOB!!!" :x
I can just imagine Tomoran sneaking in a night and smelting down the droid out of distrust towards droids.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

If we had an Archives droid, Baelin would probably try to hack it with his Omni-HUD, and it'd just end up walking around shouting verbal abuse and kicking younglings.
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Aslyn wrote:If we had an Archives droid, Baelin would probably try to hack it with his Omni-HUD, and it'd just end up walking around shouting verbal abuse and kicking younglings.
:O haha
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

Why not have a Droid assistant or something? Just an extra 'body' to give the archives a little more atmosphere? Could easily have one with a few questions you can ask it like... Elu said and also 'Who can I ask for further details and access to the archives?' and it'd direct them to you two resulting in younglings pestering you for information and making you guys feel more important :happy:.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:Why not have a Droid assistant or something? Just an extra 'body' to give the archives a little more atmosphere? Could easily have one with a few questions you can ask it like... Elu said and also 'Who can I ask for further details and access to the archives?' and it'd direct them to you two resulting in younglings pestering you for information and making you guys feel more important :happy:.
;) It can serve as a replacement for the pair of you when you are absent from the enclave.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

If it was there as a sort of 'service' droid or something, or it helped keep things organised but couldnt give access - that would be cool I suppose for atmosphere.

It should also direct people looking for restricted master to Archivists 'Master Denethorn or Master Azra'elre'nim' - that would sort of promote the role our two members fill (and rightly so as Amoné said).

An assistant droid to the Masters.

THAT would be okay. :D

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Ruluk
Lost One

Post by Ruluk »

Voice for droids... hmm....

Well, I recall that way back, when I was still hopeful, and Cyril was an important part of our community, he had asked for some help in I don't know what, maybe voice acting, for the npc's that we currently use today.

I offered help in sounds, but not simply voice acting. I consider myself a good sound mixer and editor (and I make my own music digitally). So, back then, I did these cool droid sounds...

I'll look for them and share it with you, if I still have them somewhere.

Jedi Padawan | Birth 275.08 | Initiation 280.31 | Master Fane Ornn'ila

Let's celebrate cause I've been with you guys for a RL year already! :D (not necessarily active all the time, but still!)