Guardian Force Points

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Delmi wrote:
Sebastin Creed wrote:Give Consulars some extra shields then and a tiny tad of HP?
Even being a Guardian, I have always been in favour of this.
Have to agree, personally.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

I would be in favor of giving guardians more FP as I do think it is ridiculously low, but it would have to come with less hp/sp as a balance to it, and as it is their hp/sp is ridiculously high anyway.
Daereon
Lost One

Post by Daereon »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Give Consulars some extra shields then and a tiny tad of HP?

And Sentinels... well I dunno, same?
Sounds perfectly fair to me. It seems a lot of people are fine with giving the Guardians a bit more FP, but are worried about it being more unfair to the other two classes. So just give consulars a bit more hp/shield. I suppose Sentinels as well, but they seem to be doing fine in all honesty. Though "personally" I don't mind how things are now, but a bit of improvement never hurts.

Daereon Daimon, Jedi Knight, Nexu Clan.
Initiated: 269.30| Mentors: Aeon Xarbon_Ergo Stomi| Knighted: 284.28
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

If Counsulars are such a big issue...then I suggest a more powerful Absorb for the Guardians...so you know they don't get thrown around like rag dolls...
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Thus making them 100% invulnerable to both lightsabers and Force powers? I don't think so.
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

Well I guess you're right their...then they would be like a full tank. Just a thought, this is a really interesting to imply and to think about. ::Shrugs:: :?
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Absorb 5 already renders storm 5 completely useless. It takes Guardians a while to get it, though. Saber Defense 3 and Absorb 3 are both enough to block up to storm 5 if you keep the storm user in front of you. If you take a hit in the back, then you'll go down, but absorb does mitigate the damage it deals to you.

There are ways to combat storm. Most people just don't because it's a pain.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Post by Aurien Uriah »

I don't think we should balance the system based on spars. Just my opinion though.

Also, Guardian progression doesn't exactly STOP at level 15 when it comes to Force. You still gain XP to buy higher levels of abilities which cost less and last longer with each use. (I think)

Like Aslyn said, Consulars on the other hand, focus more on Force training and don't become as "winded" as someone who didn't. The strength between consulars and guardians doesn't differ, it's the stamina that does. Guardians are ripped and consulars are frail like Yoda.

The difference between FP and Hp isn't exactly Linear though. 10 more hp for me equals 124/124. 10 more FP for a level 15 Guardian equals 110. Seems like I'd get the better deal lol.
"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Aurien Uriah
Lost One

Post by Aurien Uriah »

Double Post:

My suggestion for a better class system would be allowing us to use XP to buy HP or FP "grants" and make the natural progression between levels minimal. This would slow things down by having to choose between buying an ability or HP/FP, but I'm a patient man anyway. It seems like some of us level up too fast.

::Throws his two cents::
"...Yeah, we do need better brand awareness."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

Honestly prefer a system where we apply XP to HP and FP, without these stupid classes which are too broad and unspecific.
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

A suggestion to make Rash even more overpowered?

That deserves a fist-bump.
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Ametha Tasia wrote:Honestly prefer a system where we apply XP to HP and FP, without these stupid classes which are too broad and unspecific.
Don't think that's possible with the mechanics. Been pitched plenty of times and I doubt you'll get it.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Cynthia
Lost One

Post by Cynthia »

Ametha Tasia wrote:Honestly prefer a system where we apply XP to HP and FP, without these stupid classes which are too broad and unspecific.
That would be fantastic.
Zeak Dystiny
Lost One

Post by Zeak Dystiny »

That would cause a whole shift in the XP system, I think, such as XP grants, requirements for level ups and so forth. Seems like a lot and quite time consuming.

"Is all that sales-babble in your brochure? Because I think I'm going to puke. Perhaps you'd like me to leverage your synergy with my vibroblade."
Xfire: Whenlightfades

Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Zeak Dystiny wrote:That would cause a whole shift in the XP system, I think, such as XP grants, requirements for level ups and so forth. Seems like a lot and quite time consuming.
What if you just configured the server cfg file for the mod rather than change the mad completely you could just edit the server itself to fit in certain things (if thats possible?)?