Guardian Force Points

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Cynthia wrote:
Aslyn wrote:Here's the thing to note: Guardians choose that limitation
"You knew the risks"
/does not support adding fp to guardians. I've been getting owned because of mechanics for a long time being a consular. Giving them more would make it WAY unfair.
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

This has been suggested over and over again... I recall Jamus suggesting it at one point, but I digress. I don't feel the system should be changed to give Guardians more FP as it would unbalance the gameplay, and kill the whole notion of Guardians being more physical and less spiritual. I believe that the system, with its current classes, is as good as it could possibly be- disregarding Sentinel God-liness of course....
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Sasha Raven wrote:I've been getting owned because of mechanics for a long time being a consular.
No personal offense.. but that isn't really all that hard.. you being a Consular or not. :P And no Force on the Guardian's side is really at all needed in that case. Lol.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Yeah well no personal offense but your thread is pointless AND a bad idea.

I knew that Consulars had low FP and I dealt with it. You guardians should do the same.

Any time someone says "With all due respect" Or "nothing personal" Why is it something snotty and disrespectful always follows?

I think this thread accomplished what it came to do considering that there is an amendment thread for this exact suggestion and many others like it directly beside this one in the list. Also considering this idea has been brought out before Maybe read through the list next time. "with all due respect."
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Yeah, respect taken :P Naw, joking aside..

While this topic may be turned down, bringing the idea up in general to get everyones opinions on it isn't always what you consider "bad". While it could be considered useless to some, pointless to others, and an iffy subject to most, it's still actually made people needing to think about it and post responses, which gets back personal opinions on things.

I understood Guardian's had a stop at FP, however I cannot find the true logic behind it. Yes, Guardian's focus almost soley on their Saber Arts, but as a Jedi they still do connect with the Force, even if it isn't their main goal. So having it seem like their connection with the Force just stops at level 15 doesn't quite make sense...
aayla vigil |
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Sasha Raven wrote: Any time someone says "With all due respect" Or "nothing personal" Why is it something snotty and disrespectful always follows?
Sasha Raven wrote:Also considering this idea has been brought out before Maybe read through the list next time. "with all due respect."
Above point proven I guess? :P

Anyway, This is not a pointless thread (as it was backed up with examples and good reasons) but I do agree that the topic of "Guardian vs Consular" will not progress any time soon.

Both sides have valid points and I believe it's just something we are going to have to shake hands on and leave for the time being.

Shall we move on now?

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Olim Adasca
Lost One

Post by Olim Adasca »

Taking RPmod mechanics IC and into roleplay, bad bad.
Olim Adasca || Age: 33 || Species: Arkanian || Height: 1.86 m || Weight: 106.7 kg || Initiated: 274.28 ABY || Homeworld: Arkania || Birthdate: 268.20 || Mentors : Sebastin Creed 279.29 - 296.28 || Retired: 302.13 ABY
"Never give up, never surrender."
"Before all else, your duty to others."
"Always make your own drinks."
Nira'kalen'nuruodo
Lost One

Post by Nira'kalen'nuruodo »

It's a difficult topic because there's such a huge variety of OOC skill levels in JEDI. There are people who play JKA as JKA, and those of us who use it solely to RP (and everyone inbetween).

The solution to the Guardian vs. Consular debate is - and always has been - to ditch the three class system entirely. :P

Nira'kalen'nuruodo
"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value."
|age_53|height_1.7m|weight_85kg|species_chiss|mentor_cyril.feraan|padawan_eugen.darkrider_nastajja.arren|

Fane Ornn'ila
Lost One

Post by Fane Ornn'ila »

I'll save everyone a huge wall of text, so I'm going to be brief.
First off, this thread is not pointless or a stupid idea. Just saying deal with it is.

Moving on,

Of course, guardians also continue to grow in the force as time passes, it would make total sense for their force pool to increase as well.

While the game might say it doesn't, your character does. The game does however limit you, from the ooc point of view because it simply a. can run out and b. stops increasing all together.

Once you've passed a certain level it's unlikely that your force pool will run out unless you are seriously spamming moves or powers. That said, while I don't think they should be given a massive boost, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give a few extra points to the pool per level up after lvl 15.

If need be you can come to a compromise like the one Zeak stated, decrease the regeneration time a bit, so that it takes more levels for a guardian to get the fastest, while in return gaining a bit more force.

Fane Ornn'ila - Jedi Knight
¦ Mentor: Kaelen Sekura ¦

Baelin Raddyx
Lost One

Post by Baelin Raddyx »

Fane Ornn'ila wrote:I'll save everyone a huge wall of text, so I'm going to be brief.
First off, this thread is not pointless or a stupid idea. Just saying deal with it is.

Moving on,

Of course, guardians also continue to grow in the force as time passes, it would make total sense for their force pool to increase as well.

While the game might say it doesn't, your character does. The game does however limit you, from the ooc point of view because it simply a. can run out and b. stops increasing all together.

Once you've passed a certain level it's unlikely that your force pool will run out unless you are seriously spamming moves or powers. That said, while I don't think they should be given a massive boost, it wouldn't be a bad idea to give a few extra points to the pool per level up after lvl 15.

If need be you can come to a compromise like the one Zeak stated, decrease the regeneration time a bit, so that it takes more levels for a guardian to get the fastest, while in return gaining a bit more force.
I agree with the Twi'Lek.
| age_22 | height_2.6m | weight_125kg | race_human | mentor_simus.cnydaria
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

I have to as well..
Fane and Zeak mentioned a good compromise.
It's a good idea.. and like I said.. not saying to make the uped FP for Guardian's huge... just slightly, that way it doesn't freeze so quickly.
aayla vigil |
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Fair is fair, I don't see an issue with them gaining some force, but keep in mind that their HP boost is -doubled- by the shield mechanics. Keep in mind that Sentinels and Consulars have an HP/Force/Shield maximum of (Sentinels 200/200 hp/shield and 200 Force = 600) (Consulars 150/150 shields hp and 250 Force = 550) whereas Guardians have (250/250 and 100 Force = 600) so giving them more stats will put them even further ahead, perhaps 225 hp and 150 Force, which would then make their difference to Sentinels pretty nominal and just leave Consulars in the dust.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Give Consulars some extra shields then and a tiny tad of HP?

And Sentinels... well I dunno, same?

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Alkur Tekeil
Exiled

Post by Alkur Tekeil »

Or y'know, do away with a class system because its impossible to balance in JKA.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Give Consulars some extra shields then and a tiny tad of HP?
Even being a Guardian, I have always been in favour of this.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri