Support?

Yes
91%
No
9%

Total votes: 22

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Animations: Headlock (Part Deux)

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Affects: Animations - General

Summary: Rotating while sitting, kneeling, emconsole, etc. is unrealistic and doesn't look right. (You try spinning on your butt sometime!)

Suggestion: While the player is using a 'locked' animation that inhibits movement, the body's movement is completely restricted, while the head is allowed to turn/tilt in a 180 degree half in front of the player.

Implementation: Unsure.

References: None.

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

I've never seen a JKA mod that allows mouse-control of a player model's head. I don't think that part is possible, though Soh's surprised me more than once.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Amoné Fayden wrote:I've never seen a JKA mod that allows mouse-control of a player model's head. I don't think that part is possible, though Soh's surprised me more than once.
I can picture the funny videos now.

::Moves mouse up and down rapidly to the sound of a beat::

I'm not sure that is possible as the animation is pretty locked in place during mouse movement (leaning back and forward etc).

Unless there is some way to free it up, who knows, but yeah would be cool I suppose - Arrows for turning body and mouse to move the head.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Personally I don't mind the spinning on the spot.
As we're limited to the JKA platform, sometimes you just need to turn a blind eye to "glitchy" looking animations.

Sometimes when I start an emote, I discover i'm misaligned to a wall etc and all I need to do is spin slightly to match up correctly.

It would be annoying to see people constantly stand, sit, stand, sit, stand, sit just to turn around when somebody walks out of their view.

When I see people spin around slowly while sitting (Maybe to face somebody they are talking to) , I just picture them shuffling as one would do in real life.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

I'm not sure you can do that, like Amoné said. But if it is indeed possible, good thinking. I'll support that.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri