Support

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 18

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Client Side|User Interface: Third Person

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Affects: Client Side/User Interface

Summary: Bring back regular first-person view.

Suggestion: I get the impression that somewhere along the line, the first-person camera made a fool of himself and got kicked out the door. The ability to really 'look a person in the eye' is much more immersive than watching my character do so. To get to this, the user shouldn't have to set up a custom camera script to emulate this effect (not very cleanly at that), particularly when there is a pre-existing function in the game that does it already.

Implementation: Let "cg_thirdPerson !" do it's job.

References: Console commands, base cg_thirdperson.

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

If it can be done easily, then why not.

There already is a 1st/3rd person view toggle in base JKA as seen in the controls options. However it only works when the player has a blaster equiped.

If this could be extended to when Melee or a Lightsaber is equipped then problem solved.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Amoné Fayden wrote: If this could be extended to when Melee or a Lightsaber is equipped then problem solved.
It's done so in MB2, so it shouldn't be too bad.

I've always lowered my FOV to examine characters closely. But I suppose this would be good too.
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

I know that /cg_thirdpersonrange <Value> adjusts the range of the camera from you, if you put a low enough value (default being 80) it can sort of double as a first person view, even though I think you are just above the head of your model.

Hope that helps.
:?
Alara
Lost One

Post by Alara »

Think there have already been a couple suggestions on this. The keyword there was: Trueview. It does exactly this.
Xfire= alarajka

The sands are frantic
In the hourglass. But there is time
To change, to utterly destroy
That too-familiar image
Lurking in the glass.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

It shouldn't be too hard to bring in, seeing how there is actually a mod on JK3Files that already does this exact thing. However I'm unsure if it does it for when you're using melee..

I would actually like to see this brought in, as it would help with feeling you're actually you're character. :)
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Rash Loist
Lost One

Post by Rash Loist »

Trueview was already suggested by me a long time ago, Soh said it was on his to-do list if I remember correctly but i'm glad this could serve as a reminder.
Ru Seentras
Lost One

Post by Ru Seentras »

Illrian Damaris wrote:It shouldn't be too hard to bring in, seeing how there is actually a mod on JK3Files that already does this exact thing. However I'm unsure if it does it for when you're using melee..

I would actually like to see this brought in, as it would help with feeling you're actually you're character. :)

I remember seeing this the other day while browsing the jk3files site. I'd like to see this implemented as an option.
Age 5. Home planet: Tatooine. Race: Zabrak Initated: 291.09 Birthday: 287.06