I know it's been said before, but...

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

I know it's been said before, but...

Post by Nicholae Carnassi »

It'd be real nice if we could dump our spare XP into purchasing bigger health and force pools. Just sayin'.
Erto
Lost One

Post by Erto »

Yes, i think that would add a lot to realism if people would be able to spare the experience they gain not only on Force powers, but also Health, etc. It would just have to be implemented well in order to not unbalance the classes any further.
Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

Personally, I'm in favor of "unbalancing the classes." We shouldn't be all restricted to three cookie-cutter Jedi prototypes. You should be able to mold your character to be precisely what you want it to be, regardless of a predetermined "class." But...that's a bit off topic. :-P
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Nicholae Carnassi wrote:Personally, I'm in favor of "unbalancing the classes." We shouldn't be all restricted to three cookie-cutter Jedi prototypes. You should be able to mold your character to be precisely what you want it to be, regardless of a predetermined "class." But...that's a bit off topic. :-P
I agree!

Species: Ryn

Ametha Tasia
Lost One

Post by Ametha Tasia »

I really agree.
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Hate to be the guy but I don't like the idea.

Not because I think it's necessarily wrong but there needs to be a heavy limit on it. For instance, I don't think it should be a flat cost or a flat amount gained.

There could be a "name of power that boosts hp" and "name of power that boosts fp" and they should have increasing costs per investment and the gains should be minimal since guardians already about hit max hp and consulars already about hit max fp.

The first inconsistency that'd have to be fixed is Guardian Force pool. It should go up to 150 max as opposed to 100.

Sentinels have 200/200 hp/fp, Guardians have 250/100 hp/fp, Consulars have 150/250 hp/fp, meaning that Sentinels/Consulars have 400 and Guardians have 350. Pump their Force up to 150, THEN

Implement a power for training stats, it should have five levels, like any other power. Shouldn't appear on the template in-game but it could exist. It'd cost like 10/20/30/40/50 (for a total of 150 as is pretty standard) and maybe add ten of a stat per level (for a total boost of 50) but I think even half that would be fine, to prevent it from becoming a necessity for some.

Guardians should only have the option for Force, Consulars should only have the option for health. I think Sentinels should increase both at half the speed. Honestly, Sentinels don't need any more stats (already statistically superior in basically every way) but that's what would be consistent.

Not only that, but XP needs to be more "precious" as it is and even under the conditions that I am endorsing for this idea I think that it should be secondary to a revamp of the classes/xp system which remains very outdated.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Tomoran wrote: - I don't like the idea.

- Not because I think it's necessarily wrong but there needs to be a heavy limit on it.

- Not only that, but XP needs to be more "precious" as it is
I'm in agreement with this.

I think this suggestion is one of those things that work in theory but sadly never live up to that expectation.

Although I can't obviously give examples or evidence, I think it's safe to assume that some people will see this as an ample opportunity to "imba" themselves unrealistically with little reflection on their RP character.

It's no secret that when/if a player gets to Knighthood they start magically learning skills and abilities they've never trained in. Now couple that with the ability to increase FP and HP (and shields for that matter) along with a high amount of XP gains for being a Knight/Master.

It's my belief that in the latter stages, XP is horded or generally unused once all the "useful" abilities are purchased. Having that excess of XP will see it shoved into boosting HP and FP simply to use it up. Now, give it enough time and everyone will max out eventually, then you will be back to square 1 with everyone being parallel with HP and FP as they were before. The only difference now is the amount.

Like Tomoran said, if this is to be taken seriously, there would need to be major limitations to deter people from making a B-line for the "I Win" button.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

I like this idea but I do not think it will work unless you also encompass my idea of completely removing the three classes in favour of a single class called 'Jedi'. Then what defines your character is no longer a pre-determined set of stats but instead what you choose to select for your character. What skills you choose and what health/force bonuses you choose.

This would make everyone unique and custom tailored to suit their desired role play. Any In-character desired 'titles' would then be determind by your role play experience and not some generic title handed to you before you've even begun your training.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Nicholae Carnassi
Lost One

Sai Akiada wrote:I like this idea but I do not think it will work unless you also encompass my idea of completely removing the three classes in favour of a single class called 'Jedi'. Then what defines your character is no longer a pre-determined set of stats but instead what you choose to select for your character. What skills you choose and what health/force bonuses you choose.

This would make everyone unique and custom tailored to suit their desired role play. Any In-character desired 'titles' would then be determind by your role play experience and not some generic title handed to you before you've even begun your training.
Precisely what I'd like to see happen. This idea only makes sense if you get rid of the silly preset Force pool and health points differences between the classes. A single 'Jedi' class would be sublime...
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Hey I tried to suggest us getting re-named titles on the residents page but nooooooo.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Tomoran wrote:Hey I tried to suggest us getting re-named titles on the residents page but nooooooo.
Well, I don't think Sai is so much meaning just re-naming, as much as he is completely removing them.
As for your other post, Tomoran...I absolutely love it, but then again I did mention that change before :P

Nicholae, I love the theory behind the idea...but with the way everything is currently setup, I really can't see it going any way except into total chaos, like it's been mentioned. If the classes were just removed, as Sai mentioned, then this idea I can see working. Really. Just not with the way everything is already setup.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Tomoran wrote:Hey I tried to suggest us getting re-named titles on the residents page but nooooooo.
I think they're gearing for more than a cosmetic name change.

They would like the removal of the class system with it's predetermined HP/FP templates.

Titles would be acquired purely in RP, rather than dished out OOC and with restrictive HP/FP ratios.

My only gripe is the inevitable Power Leveling of stats to win duals simply because Knights and Masters have got unused XP they want to blow.
Long term - everyone will max out eventually then there be No difference in HP/FP amongst players which renders the unique character-specific HP/FP null and void.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

I understand that they want more than a cosmetic change, but a cosmetic change is something that we can do right now.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

On this idea here.

If we had the ability to dish out XP onto skills, traits, HP and FP.

Would we need to put a limit onto how much one character can gain over all? Because like it was said, eventually all those long standing members will eventually just max out anything and every thing - the only difference between them is Jedi Type (Guardian etc).

I hate to admit it, but if there was a certain limit put in place... people would really have to think about where they want to spend their points. Plus, I do think the difference between say Gaurdian and Consular is quite good in a way with it's effects. I'd prefer to be weaker but more powerful in force usage because that's what I think of Sebastin and it's how I press forward in playing to the strengths I think he has.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

To my mind...

Classes need to go, and if not, and there are to be boosts to HP/Shield/FP, then they need to be, as said before, limited in nature, so you can't have Master Loist becoming an even bigger tank than he already is ( :P ) without giving everyone else the same ability to catch up and at least match the existing gap.

If you just have a blank 10XP = 5HP/Shield or 5 FP then XP whoring's gonna become the name of the game again, and that's just tiresome.

Personally, I'd like to see things return to a more RP-esque state: if you're going to limit any abilities on the Temple, do so over time, or require people to lock out powers themselves in order to access the wider template: say, if I want to learn a 'Tier 3' ability like Drain, I have to lock out a Tier 1 ability, like 'Speed'. Alternatively, if people want to invest in a broader template (say, all but two abilities), limit their ability to do so, so they become good with many skills, but truly master none.

Haven't fully thought that out, but we've got to do something that both opens up templates and allows for personal choice to come into things, but at the same time making sure that everybody can't get everything until they're 24-25 and would (you'd hope) have the IC experience and ability to have advanced that far.

Also wouldn't hurt if we did something about this:
It's no secret that when/if a player gets to Knighthood they start magically learning skills and abilities they've never trained in. Now couple that with the ability to increase FP and HP (and shields for that matter) along with a high amount of XP gains for being a Knight/Master.
We don't let the students do it, so we need to set an example and not do it either. So maybe we need some sort of formal system in place to deal with post-Knighthood learning, too?