Support?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 11

Sared Kilvan
Lost One
Location: Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain.

Variable Stat Configuration

Post by Sared Kilvan »

Affects: Combat - Guns/Other

Summary: Include the ability to adjust every single variable to any account.

Suggestion: Rather than just the approach that has been used for 'levels', I think the ability to adjust every variable of a given account would be useful, particularly for NPC accounts. What do I mean by 'variable'? Everything. Particularly, I had in mind things like HP/SP, Ammunition and items/inventory (possibly even the damage multiplier) when I thought of this. In practice, you could have something like...

Code: Select all

Acct: 'blocker'
Pass: ****
HP: 20
SP: 200
Weap: crossbow, pistol, trip
Ammo: cell 100, blaster 150
Inv: forcefield, bigbacta
Power: none=1
etc..

As you can see from the above example, this could be used to create an account that has very specific strengths/weaknesses.

This would work well for NPC accounts, but could also be used to augment player accounts. I know weapon additions already exist, but I think the ability to add/remove to each and every variable could lead to highly customizable NPC's, as well as additional customization to player accounts; examples...

Situation: Aslyn is in a hazardous environment that could adversely affect his health (toxic gas,, dark side presence, flux capacitor overload. You name it.

/rpset account aslyn hp 30
(to implement the temporary modifiers)

Followed by...(when the mission was over)

/rpset account aslyn restore
(to remove all account modification and restore it the default variables)

This would make Aslyn very fragile to any attacks that bypassed shield resistance, seeing as the moment his shields were down he would take a strong increase in HP loss.

In contrast...

Acct: 'bruiser'
Pass: ****
HP: 300
SP: 20
Weap: none
dam: 2 (2x of normal)
This could be used to create a beefy 'tough guy/brawler' character, in conjunction with a good modelscale setting.

Obviously, this could be implemented to every single stat, allowing for multiple scenarios. Use your imagination!

Implementation: Add <stat> <argument>, and <variable> to the rpsetaccount command. With weap and inv being a dynamic variable (with give/take arguments) and hp/sp being a static variable.

References: N/A
Last edited by Sared Kilvan on Sun May 29, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

/Likes.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Brilliant.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

I'm not sure it's possible to restrict a damage modifier to one player. But programming is pretty amazing.