New Character Growth System (Talent Points, Merit Points)

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Amoné Fayden wrote:
Tomoran wrote: You have to show up and be present to earn the TP. If your activity is too low to get the MP necessary, you don't get your 'free' TP.
I'm not talking about the Merit Points. I'm talking about this:
Tomoran wrote:From here, things change up. Initiates gain an inherent ONE talent point per month (IC year)
That's the freebie I'm talking about.
Not the extra TP gained by converting MP. (which is what our current system is, really. MP = XP.)
Goodness. Merit Points are fractions of a single TP. Merit Points are a side-tally that develop on your character record. Lets say that the mandatory MP needed in a month to be considered active is '10' and that the MP necessary to gain an extra TP is '50' - An individual would have to be fairly active and involved to get enough MP to get another TP. The idea is that you encourage activity and meaningful activity. Individuals gain a TP for reaching that minimum amount and if they allocate enough MP they gain another TP and their MP counter resets. They'll inherently gain that point if they meet that 10 requirement. Nobody anywhere should get anything for being a member and not being around for a whole month.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Ahhh but nowhere in your initial post did you mention a Mandatory minimum amount of MP required to qualify for monthly TP grants.
This all seems unnecessarily complex.
Plus, we're here discussing it as if it were likely to happen.
It may be slightly presumptuous of us to think that Soh would even be willing to change RPMod to this degree.

That said, you touched on something valuable in your last post, Tomoran:
Tomoran wrote:and there's nothing coming down from up top that makes us have to agree.
But what if there was? Then there would be no need to change our System. People might rear up like startled horses whenever "Law Enforcement" gets laid down in an official manner but I'd say that's necessary if it meant actively tackling recognized issues.

All it takes is a little guts and people skills to herd the community back into the pen.

Sure folks will run to MSN to rant inter-community about the things they hate about JEDI, but people love drama and love having a wee vent.
Once the results start showing though, people tend to shut up and forget about it.

I'd rather see people being fixed than fooling ourselves into believing it's the system getting us down.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Sorry, B-Amone, my qualification that individuals had to meet a mandatory minimum was a response to a question from Sebastin, I believe the third post in the first page of the thread.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Tomoran wrote: The individual still needs to attend at a level of involvement that allows them to accumulate the MP needed to count them as 'active' for them to qualify for this TP grant.
I see it there now yeah.
It clears that up which is nice but my point in my last post is now the primary thing on my mind in regards to this proposed system change.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

It's not perfect. Nothing I do is (or ever will be) just thinking. I post suggestions from time to time.