Drop Lightsaber - Switch Weapon

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Re: Drop Lightsaber - Switch Weapon

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I have to admit, kicking someone in the chops for disarming me would be fun.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

# of people who have access to melee: 46

It's really that simple.
Tomoran wrote: I'm -still- fine with this change. I'm STILL fine with it.
Then why are you trying to argue with me over it?

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

I can feel the tension in some of these posts, let's keep it cool. Anyway, I said what I said because switching to [insert whatever] after you're disarmed kind of diminishes the point of even having the probability of being disarmed, you may as well remove the factor entirely if you can recover from it by switching to [whatever once more]. Remember the lightsaber is your only weapon in game unless you're on another account with a sword and some guns, and rarely - if you're some guy with a sword and guns - will you drop it.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Jenny Wrix wrote:I can feel the tension in some of these posts, let's keep it cool. Anyway, I said what I said because switching to [insert whatever] after you're disarmed kind of diminishes the point of even having the probability of being disarmed, you may as well remove the factor entirely if you can recover from it by switching to [whatever once more]. Remember the lightsaber is your only weapon in game unless you're on another account with a sword and some guns, and rarely - if you're some guy with a sword and guns - will you drop it.
Sorry, this is a valid point I promise.

I still think that, if you disarmed me I should be able to throw out a kick at you though to buy me time to get away or whatever. Losing my hilt and having to run with my hands down is sort of the same thing, but without the ability to "attack" you. Again, if I did that and missed, you would still be able to take advantage of the fact I am wide wide open. I don't agree that upon disarm I should *have* to run away when realistically I do have a choice of throwing a few fisticuffs.

That's my main point anyway, I understand the view point if I was disarmed that I should remain so. Technically I am still, even if I tried to take you on hands and feet versus saber.

it's sort of... offence is a good defence to me.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Tomoran wrote:And no, you won't be the only one to benefit from it. But they're not the same.
I'm not sure why you're continuing to argue something you are in agreement with..

The fact she has a pistol on her account is irrelevant to the discussion. This is simply her personal usage of the proposed changes. This was already clarified. The proposal is about being able to utilise your hands after being disarmed, ie, grapples, switching weapons, punching, using items (I'm not sure if you can or not use items while in disarmed, without retracting your saber. Correct me if I'm wrong)

# of people able to be disarmed 40+

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Jenny Wrix wrote: after you're disarmed kind of diminishes the point of even having the probability of being disarmed, you may as well remove the factor entirely if you can recover from it by switching to [whatever once more].
I get where you're coming from but the fact is that disarm = no lightsaber.
That's a fact that isn't changing.
That is still a huge disadvantage and switching to melee, as previously stated, would be ill-advised against a lightsaber.

So by giving the option of melee, you are increasing your chances at winning if they chose to take it.

I just know for a fact that some people are very, very good with their kicks and grapples, especially when combined with Mind Trick.
So having the option there would open avenues. :)

The blasters was an additional thought after melee.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Sebastin Creed wrote:I still think that, if you disarmed me I should be able to throw out a kick at you though to buy me time to get away or whatever.
You can still 'kick' people in this time, unless you're referring to the melee attack 'alt attack' kick, which people will just duck and kill you instantly for attempting.

As for items? I imagine you can but very few people ever have items and I don't see how any would be useful, the only that you could realistically use in such a short span would be a cloaking device maybe.

(I choose you, forcefield! *throw forcefield on ground*)

And this is not arguing, this is germane discussion to the conversations regarding the topic. People don't have to unilaterally agree/disagree with proposals. I think the idea of switching weapons is fine. I just think that doing so will get you chopped up, anyway. And you all have the freedom to get chopped up.

Honestly!
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Jenny Wrix
Lost One

Post by Jenny Wrix »

Back to the #'s game that was going on:

# of people who will use RPmod after release: ???+

So we don't really know the possibilities.
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Jenny Wrix wrote:Back to the #'s game that was going on:

# of people who will use RPmod after release: ???+

So we don't really know the possibilities.
Agreed, so allowing for as much customisation and RP orientated options as possible is the way to go :)

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

Sai Akiada wrote:Agreed, so allowing for as much customization and RP orientated options as possible is the way to go.
Now this I agree with.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Sebastin Creed wrote:
Jenny Wrix wrote:I can feel the tension in some of these posts, let's keep it cool. Anyway, I said what I said because switching to [insert whatever] after you're disarmed kind of diminishes the point of even having the probability of being disarmed, you may as well remove the factor entirely if you can recover from it by switching to [whatever once more]. Remember the lightsaber is your only weapon in game unless you're on another account with a sword and some guns, and rarely - if you're some guy with a sword and guns - will you drop it.
Sorry, this is a valid point I promise.

I still think that, if you disarmed me I should be able to throw out a kick at you though to buy me time to get away or whatever. Losing my hilt and having to run with my hands down is sort of the same thing, but without the ability to "attack" you. Again, if I did that and missed, you would still be able to take advantage of the fact I am wide wide open. I don't agree that upon disarm I should *have* to run away when realistically I do have a choice of throwing a few fisticuffs.

That's my main point anyway, I understand the view point if I was disarmed that I should remain so. Technically I am still, even if I tried to take you on hands and feet versus saber.

it's sort of... offence is a good defence to me.
A valid argument, it's interesting to see what sort of results you could have, you never know, that kick may actually win the fight :P

While some may argue that the best alternative when you drop your saber is to either..pardon my words but, run like hell, and hope they can't catch you and use that to recover your saber, in terms of Modelscale, a taller person can easily outrun a shorter person.

Another alternative some may say is to simply.....flip kick to knock them over, in the case of people with Saber throw 1-3 but only jump 1..they can't flip kick which gives a major advantage...

Allowing the use of a kick is a good option at this sort of point.
Herenai
Lost One

Post by Herenai »

I have to admit that I like this suggestion, I usually make Herenai drop his lightsaber after being pushed by Jared or in some situations, such as falling from somewhere high or being chocked (Cause I think in RL, I wouldn't be able to still hold it, I'd rather focus on cheking my limbs/bones or if I can escape). Sometimes the lightsaber is far away, so switching to melee or to another weapon can help to stay alive.

Just my thoughts...

/rpapprovesthesuggestion
Zekii to Azra : "You're blue because of the lack of oxygen in your blood ! "
Zuri Lyn
Lost One

Post by Zuri Lyn »

I also approve of it being made possible to change weapons once your lightsaber has been dropped.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I can think of a million uses for changing weapon, as I drop my lightsaber a lot as well. It can be realistic for those who haven't learned to pull their lightsabers IC from a distance and need a way to defend themselves until they can get back to their hilt and pick it up. /support!

Species: Ryn

Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

Wow, things seem just a little tense, let's all rp as Jedi for a moment, right? :lol: ::exudes a calming aura::

In all seriousness, I think this idea is totally justified and could be used in a variety of ways. If this could be implemented into the next release of rpmod (err, whenever it comes out :roll:) then it would be just great. It would be interesting if specific sabers were treated as weapons that could be picked up even by other people;
I played a total conversion mod for JKA SP that allowed you to take your opponent's lightsabers when they dropped them, so that would be an interesting way of keeping an opponent disarmed, or scolding a student who clumsily lost their saber. But maybe that is for another thread.