Drop Lightsaber - Switch Weapon

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Re: Drop Lightsaber - Switch Weapon

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Rian Vun wrote:I played a total conversion mod for JKA SP that allowed you to take your opponent's lightsabers when they dropped them, so that would be an interesting way of keeping an opponent disarmed, or scolding a student who clumsily lost their saber.
So much yes in that. But anyways, when there are suggestions about physics or thing outside the Force, I think what would happen in real life. If I was holding a object and it was dropped or hit from my hand, I can still go and pick something else up.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Rian Vun wrote: It would be interesting if specific sabers were treated as weapons that could be picked up even by other people;
I played a total conversion mod for JKA SP that allowed you to take your opponent's lightsabers when they dropped them, so that would be an interesting way of keeping an opponent disarmed, or scolding a student who clumsily lost their saber. But maybe that is for another thread.
Then there's the issue of Hopefuls/guests scrambling to collect dropped hilts for a cheeky swing. How would you then get it back from them if they decided they liked it too much to part with it?
Also, people who /rpdropweapon may lose it to somebody walking over or near it.

An interesting idea of course but this would require more thought.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Might it be possible that Hopefuls, without Offense One, would not be able to pick it up because they don't have the option to use the Lightsaber on the account?

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Tomoran
Exiled

Post by Tomoran »

I think them leaping over the railing to scramble for a dropped hilt would break their legs and then they'd have bigger things to worry about than lightsabers on the ground.

Also! Picking up other hilts on the ground will mean that every time I use storm 4 I will suddenly come into the possession of 1-8 lightsabers.
If you never want to spar, just get Storm 4-5, keeps all the crazies away.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Attach a few cyborg arms to you and we have our very own modern day General Grievious, General Paininthebutt.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Meanwhile back on Drop Lightsaber - Switch Weapon thread! :lol:

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Rian Vun
Lost One

Post by Rian Vun »

Amoné Fayden wrote:
Rian Vun wrote: It would be interesting if specific sabers were treated as weapons that could be picked up even by other people;
I played a total conversion mod for JKA SP that allowed you to take your opponent's lightsabers when they dropped them, so that would be an interesting way of keeping an opponent disarmed, or scolding a student who clumsily lost their saber. But maybe that is for another thread.
Then there's the issue of Hopefuls/guests scrambling to collect dropped hilts for a cheeky swing. How would you then get it back from them if they decided they liked it too much to part with it?
Also, people who /rpdropweapon may lose it to somebody walking over or near it.

An interesting idea of course but this would require more thought.

Well, and I'm sorry to continue the discussion, but I thought I should note-we would go about retrieving the lightsaber via rp means; should a hopeful rush and pick it up and go whacking around with it, I think we've found somebody who's not getting accepted and should get booted from the server. But I doubt every hopeful would be that foolish!

Your original idea is a great enough idea too! There is only the question of whether or not it could be executed...I suppose we're waiting to hear back from the big man before we get too excited though.

Saos Nartu
Lost One

Post by Saos Nartu »

You're pointing out the obvious and being naive while you're at it, Rian. A majority of hopefuls whom join the server which transfer from a base JA server or even another RP community expect a lightsaber upon entry. As far as I'm aware, JEDI is the only JEDI Community that disallows saber possession upon entry to ensure the realism in roleplay. People would take a chance, believe me.

This idea is great, and I highly support it. Not only does it spread the capabilities of interactive weapon and saber combat, but it also increases the telekinesis capabilities in combat, and gives that sense of realism in a spar when performing the seven forms of combat with the saber, more specifically sun djem, and even furthermore in forms such as trakata. Imagination can go wild there on how it can be used, but I think it's a great idea, honestly. There's nothing wrong with it, except a few restrictions that should be added to ensure realism on JEDI.

Support support support. :-)

name_saosnartu|age_17|species_kiffar|rank_initiate

Sasha Raven
Lost One

Post by Sasha Raven »

Love the idea, Amone'
|height_5.11ft.|race_human| mentor_corinth.alkorda|Skin : http://www.gamefront.com/files/24280582/Sasha.zip
Gabriel

Post by Gabriel »

As much i as i hate to agree with it i do agree with amone'. chances are I would be the first to dive for a dropped hilt. :lol: . maybe set it so sabers could only be picked up by the user and those of equal rank or above? and the user could give permission to another so they could use their saber((within reasion))

G/\briel
http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/J ... ack;109999 My skin

height4.5 Ft.|race_Felecatian| mentor_None|Rank_Hopefull