New A2 map

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Re: New A2 map

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Oh dear, such a tragedy! lol. :P Either way, it looks amazing so far and I can't wait till some possible planets are given to us to decide from (or just hear what you decide).

Also, as a side-not on Bakura; Nastajja did name the main problem I was going to bring forth, but as a small addition.. Bakura is already seen in Jedi Academy's Single Player. Not much, and if we did Bakura we could switch it around and such but...just something to think about ;)
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

What about these non-mentioned planets?
(Did some research :D)
Omwat
Uvena Prime
Dathomir
Norval II
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Considering Yavin's historic connections with the Order, and the fact the Mandalorians destroyed our old temple when they invaded Yavin, I t hink having this temple exist in our canon is reasonable, even if we never move back there. AFter the destruction of the old temple, the Order builds a new temple on Yavin IV :) Sounds reasonable to me.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Dathomir, honestly, I wouldn't want to see. Its being used quite a bit right now in the Clone Wars series, and honestly I don't personally like the idea of living on a planet such as it. But, don't worry about it too much...as its been stated, some planets are already in thought.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Yeah Dathomir is a bad idea, it's seeped in the dark side and teeming with Nightsister clans.

And they nightsisters can tame and ride rancors so again, bad idea heh.
Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

Oh.
I didn't pay attention of the CW series, I was just looking for Yavinlike planets to live on! :D
Claus Lucis

Post by Claus Lucis »

/emamused

I Love it,nice Work, I can imagine a decent layout just from looking at those screenshots,

I also support that we should wait and let Sai decide the planet so it can suit his amazing artistic taste.

Good Work. :D
Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

I'm very impressed with the progress made thus far to your new map, Sai! It was barely two rooms and a corridor the last time that I saw it! I'm falling in love with the feel of the place, the general mood and look you've given to the enclave so far. As far as the choice of planet goes, I'm in agreement that a planet that has - so far - remained barely touched by Star Wars canon would be the best course of action. Like many members, I'm more interested in ::JEDI:: canon that is produced by us rather than Star Wars canon. I personally feel that shaping our own world would be an exciting and engaging experience for the majority of the memberbase. Here's hoping there's a few local settlements on this world! Preferably some habitable outdoor areas close-by, too. There's not much to see and do on Alzoc III, sadly, even when the weather's nice! :(

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Illrian Damaris wrote: Though, part of me is worried... lol. I don't know why, honestly, so don't ask why :P
"I have a bad feeling about this."

In seriousness, since I'm new, I'll go ahead and ask why there doesn't seem to be a consensus to just create a new world "from scratch"? At the very least it would make it slightly easer to create a convenient location for the "swamp cave" experience.

I really like the idea of creating our own canon, as a NWN server I used to play on was rather limited by their desire to remain strict and true to official canon i.e. the plots had to remain specifically lower key than most epic stories.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

JEDI's always been built off of Canon however we have and always will create our own content to fill areas not covered by Lore.

However not at the risk of wandering so far off the beaten track that we are no longer a Star Wars RP clan but instead turn into some sort of Fantasy / Anime RP clan.

As far as I'm aware, JEDI is opperating in a "What If" cell of Star Wars canon since technically, the books have exceeded our timeline. Though I'll need one of our comic and book-totting members to confirm that. :P

I say we pick a canonical planet for legitimacy and to have a known place on the Galactic Map then see what we can do with the lot we've purchased. :)
Last edited by Amoné Fayden on Tue May 01, 2012 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Aria Sadru
Exiled

Post by Aria Sadru »

Illrian Damaris wrote:Dathomir, honestly, I wouldn't want to see. Its being used quite a bit right now in the Clone Wars series, and honestly I don't personally like the idea of living on a planet such as it. But, don't worry about it too much...as its been stated, some planets are already in thought.
Alot happened on Dathomir after The Clone Wars era, and Nightsisters don't have huge numbers either, the most dominant clans at this time should be the other clans which are essentially lightsided and follow a code which is based on the Jedi Code >.> Plus, there's been an enclave on Dathomir before, mentioned during one of the Yuuzhan Vong books I believe, so it's quite a viable candidate xD

Plus.. if you can't find a planet, then make one up? There's plenty of planets which aren't indentified in Star Wars!
Species_Kiffar| Rank_Initiate | Date of Initiation_298.06
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

I belive Fayden addressed that. By having a more "known" world, it makes the server more accessible to new people as they have a common place to start they can easily find information about, if they didn't know about it already.
Ganseki

Post by Ganseki »

Hello , i just saw that you are talking about my map.
This is only beta version and NON RP
In the end of summer i'll release two FINAL versions

RP : SW frienldy with similar details and quality of your alzoc3 which i'm very impressed with. Ofcourse no lava , maybe less interactivity but much more climatic.

and

NON RP for other players who prefer skill , and simple fun.

If you have some special reqests with this map, wing me a PM.
And, i'll recieve any ideas for Rp version from you with pleasure.

p.s. i must say when i saw that my map is even here popular i was shocked , and thanks for nice words :) you gave me motivation for further work on this map :)))

btw. When i finish this yavin IV map. I want to make in the future Telosian Arctict Jedi Academy.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Telosian_Jedi_Academy

Best Regards from the Outer Rim
Ganseki
Ellana

Post by Ellana »

Thank you for posting, I love your map :)

However, it seems as though we do have our own future one in the works.

Anyway, I can't wait to see the finished product :)
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

I'd love to see a Telosian Temple.

I look forward to it.