Music Pack(s)

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Kih Bu
Lost One

Music Pack(s)

Post by Kih Bu »

For Soh Only:
Everybody else, scroll down.

On the RPMod client download page beneath the heading "Download the Client:" and under the manual installation section, there remains an active link to the old RPMod-MusicPack.pk3.

According to this thread, the RPMod-MusicPack is included in the official JEDI_MusicPack linked from the same page. Just a headsup if you could maybe remove the link to the former RPMod-MusicPack from the client download page.

:)

Everyone Else:

Whilst I'm here discussing music packs! (Though not strictly RPMod related) Is there any chance that we could perhaps link both active music packs from the one page in landing requirements? Currently, we have Azrael's pack in the OOC section and the "official" ::JEDI:: music pack in the landing requirements.

As merging the two pk3s would make any minor update a complete nuisance, here is my suggestion for implementation. We divide the two existing music packs into several .pk3s based on purpose/genre.

I.e. Music_LightExplore.pk3, Music_DarkExplore.pk3, Music_AmbientSounds.pk3 etc.

Beneath the complete list of direct links to these pk3s, I'd suggest a series of quote boxes with appropriate titles matching those of the pk3s at the top of the thread, containing a list of all of the included tracks along with Youtube links (if possible) to the tracks included.
Music_LightExplore.pk3 wrote:-
When an update is needed, do so in the same way that skins ought to be in the skin repository. The overseer of the project replies to the thread announcing the update as well as a log of the changes made, but does not provide a link to the file in that reply, he merely updates the link in the original post. Whenever a new update is made, the previous update post is removed.

Thoughts?

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Re: Music Pack(s)

Post by Sebastin Creed »

From my understanding the music pack is already being looked at/taken care of.

Though, I understand your meaning behind the idea.

Personally I was going to enquire about doing it myself, by having more of a Temple_Pack and then a Galaxy_Pack to try keep seperate tracks that may be used inside the temple (calm, atmospheric ones) and then for Galaxy (mainly for the up and coming Arc, but also to keep a hold of all the fast paced/exciting tracks for missions, as well as others for the different scenarios and atmospheres).

Then doing the simple updates from there, but keeping any further additions to the pack in a single pack which just has to be extracted and added to the already downloaded file (like Azrael did for his, when adding Sky1-3).

However, I'll wait to hear what's being done first with the music packs, though I'd still like to do a new pack for the Arc only for certain/special tracks.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I'll be working on the music pack as soon as my 'awayness' settles down, as the projects been handed down to me. I plan to put everything in one place on the forum, categorize things, and separate the pk3's into certain types for both ease of finding songs, and to keep the download at a decent size for first-time downloaders. I like the way Azrael did his updates, via just the MP3's and instructions of where to put them, so I'll keep that system going.

I think Seb's idea of an arc pack would be good, as the music could go in a pack with skins, vehicles, etc. That makes it easy to remove once the arc is over, and saves the work of trying to find which file was which.

I'll let everyone know once it's all put together!

Species: Ryn

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Yeah, I planned to make the Arc/galaxy pack for the missions side still then pass it along to you Nastajja. Though, once it's used, I might still ask to retain most of the tracks and keep them in the loop in future stand alone missions (that we hope to get going). The tracks aren't really there for temple usage, but I think the collection could be used by most for 'off world' stuff.

We shall see though, looking forward to seeing the JEDI pack updated though. A lot of good tracks circling that should be kept and added to the pack itself.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

I'm hoping that their would be some collaboration of sorts for those who're making the packs. Just to make sure to get the opinions of your fellow Music Packers; as well as to make sure that there wont be any problems such as accidentally having the same music file within one of your packs. Music is a way of aiding the experience of RP enjoyable, perhaps you could also take into consideration as to some opinions to put within the pack freely.
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Tergos Zemnos wrote:I'm hoping that their would be some collaboration of sorts for those who're making the packs. Just to make sure to get the opinions of your fellow Music Packers; as well as to make sure that there wont be any problems such as accidentally having the same music file within one of your packs.
That is the main exercise of this task, get the best and well liked tracks. Some nice new ones that fit in with the role play we wish to have/can end up having in the future.

Though, I do think that when there was two packs, it was sort of appropriate because there was one for the Temple, and then the more 'specific' tracks that got used only on Galaxy.

Though, Nastajja has some good taste in music so I expect some good tunes for the Temple!

Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Tergos Zemnos wrote:I'm hoping that their would be some collaboration of sorts for those who're making the packs. Just to make sure to get the opinions of your fellow Music Packers; as well as to make sure that there wont be any problems such as accidentally having the same music file within one of your packs. Music is a way of aiding the experience of RP enjoyable, perhaps you could also take into consideration as to some opinions to put within the pack freely.
As I understand it, I'm the one doing ALL packs. Everything will get merged into one series, one thread. So no worries on multiple hands adding duplicate files. Suggestions are welcome for the music pack from others, though if your song doesn't get used don't be offended. If I used everything the packs would turn massive. If you DO have a suggestion, send it to me on MSN or by a PM, as I don't want to clutter the forum up with youtube links and the like.

If you mean you don't want duplicate files to find their way into story-arc pk3's, don't worry! We'll double-check everything before they go up!

Species: Ryn