JKHub

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

JKHub

Post by Nastajja Arren »

Many of us use JK3Files to get our files from for jka. I'm sure most of you have noticed that the site doesn't really work properly anymore either. It's probably due to go under soon.

Sooo, http://jkhub.org will be the new alternative. Some of the JK3files staff are running it, and they've gotten permission to host a good chunk of what's currently on JK3Files. I'd bookmark it and give it a browse through, cause there's also some stuff there that was never on JK3Files.

Species: Ryn

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Re: JKHub

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure I'm not the only one who will look through that!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

Something, for some of us, to consider...JKHub also connects with many other communities throughout JKA, with its nifty little toolbar. Just something that's nice and fun. I didn't realize they'd be hosting files so... I'm checking it out!
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Illrian Damaris wrote:Something, for some of us, to consider...JKHub also connects with many other communities throughout JKA
On that subject, I know the members of JEDI who are administrators over there have signature links to our mainsite, but do we want to go beyond that? If we do make a post advertising our community in the section they have for that purpose, it'd be good to make sure to specify exactly what our community is about so that we don't get an influx of players that are here for the wrong reasons. But I have little doubt we could gain good members from it.

Such a post could include screenshots or one of Kih's slideshow videos. OR we could make like one of those emails companies send out that looks largely comprised of images in a type of graphical flier post.
Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Oberon wrote:
Illrian Damaris wrote:Something, for some of us, to consider...JKHub also connects with many other communities throughout JKA
On that subject, I know the members of JEDI who are administrators over there have signature links to our mainsite, but do we want to go beyond that? If we do make a post advertising our community in the section they have for that purpose, it'd be good to make sure to specify exactly what our community is about so that we don't get an influx of players that are here for the wrong reasons. But I have little doubt we could gain good members from it.

Such a post could include screenshots or one of Kih's slideshow videos. OR we could make like one of those emails companies send out that looks largely comprised of images in a type of graphical flier post.
Along with "3 Golden Rules for ::JEDI:: Hopefuls", I think. lol
The Council were approached prior to opening regarding the JKHub Bar. Now that the site is fully up and running, maybe they'll reconsider it. I suppose the danger is obvious, we don't want to advertise ourselves to the wrong people.

-
JKHub | JEDI Videos | Files

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Hmmm... maybe a more user friendly way of highlighting the About Us tab on the main page.

Or perhaps make the link from the JKhub go to a special page catered to Hubbers and gives them a more in depth explanation of what we're about.

Another possibility is we invest some project time into video-izing the About Us page and other important highlights from the Rules and Tips thread as sort of an advertisement/instructional video about what being a JEDI member is like/entails.

Not saying we really are in dire need of a huge influx of hopefuls, but with such a great connection site lingering right outside with many of our members active in their community we should expect passing glances and I think we should give those glances some eye candy! While, of course, maintaining our standards.
Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

If installing the bar is too far in one direction, there is always the alternative option for the Council to make a post advertising ::JEDI:: in the Clans section of the Directory.

-

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It'd be a lot cooler though if we could make it more interesting than just a block of text accompanying a link to our mainpage.
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I think that advertising JEDI will only serve to bring us a lot of people who aren't of the quality we expect in JEDI, and to advertise on a site that is so busy makes me uncomfortable. The influx of people would be almost too much to handle, and I don't like the idea of so many being brought here to view our skins and potentially steal them and our other content. Having icons in our signatures in JKHub will only bring those curious enough to click them and limit the amount of random visitors.

JEDI has always been a 'word of mouth' type of clan, and I think that's good. We've never needed to advertise, as we have a pretty good reputation in JKA. It means that only the people interested in the sort of roleplay we offer tend to come around, and those telling them about it tend to be of the high quality we look for, thus meaning that who they invite has a higher chance of also being of the same standard.

Advertising should be a last resort for our community. But as it stands right now, I think the influx of people is steady enough and works for the amount of active Masters and teachers that we have. Also, advertising usually means you're looking to start recruiting a lot of people, something we don't do as often because of our high standards.

In short: Advertising would be a horrible, horrible idea. We are fine the way we are, and don't need to resort to that.

Species: Ryn

Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Advertising puts the onus on us to recruit and with added pressure.

JKHub will likely see traffic headed our way regardless but I would rather we received new guests who have felt the desire to investigate an explore JEDI through keen interest and put the effort into coming to us.

Advertising just invites trolls in my experience.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

I don't want to advertise the community either. That'll put a large target on the community for all manner of trolls. Pass.

The only reason to advertise is if we are in desperate need of applications and we're not.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |

Kih Bu
Lost One

Post by Kih Bu »

Sai Akiada wrote:The only reason to advertise is if we are in desperate need of applications and were not.
Amen to that part. lol

As I said, the danger will always be advertising ourselves to the wrong people. If you guys don't feel that it's necessary, then there's no need to make a post or request addition to the JKHub bar. ^_^

-

i¯i▀▀▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך

Jaxxton
Lost One

Post by Jaxxton »

I don't want to advertise the community either. That'll put a large target on the community for all manner of trolls. Pass.
Jaxxton Bonham Feel free to add me to your msn - jaxxton-tor@hotmail.com
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

It's been so long... I can't even remember how I found JEDI.

But yeah, I agree with everyone that's why I was wondering if we really wanted to go beyond the sig ads. I too was thinking that making it too easy to find us will attract those who would not necessarily be a good fit for our community without the devoted guidance of someone who's directly, personally referring them to us.

Hope t' see y'all on the server soon. =)
Elu Dako

Post by Elu Dako »

Off Topic: I stumbled across JEDI by accident after leaving Continuum, I was a complete JKA noob at the time and some might have considered me a troll cos of how I acted, I was new to RP but over the last...2 or so years I've grown into RP and now it's all I do xD, I can't stand FFA as it does my head in, it's part of the fact I hate lamers like an arch-nemesis.

I do miss being around you guys (Not sure if you lot feel the same heh) but I wouldn't trade my experiences for the world, I learned allot from here and other communities.

Heck, I even have my next character for JEDI planned, I've had it planned for a few months now (Species Wise) the name however, I decided more recently when I was talking to Nastajja.

On Topic: Website Unreachable? Anyone else got this?