Hint to hopeful members

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Saos Nartu
Lost One

Hint to hopeful members

Post by Saos Nartu »

Hey guys, (Should this be unacceptable I understand the thread may be deleted accordingly.)

I've noticed a lot of common decisions made by the hopeful member body for JEDI in the form of empowering your character with something. For example, giving them a a robotic part or saying they have a split personality or whatever.

Just a simple, straight forward tip for hopeful members; don't play up your character. A parrot can speak Spanish but can't walk around Spain and convince everyone it's a human. I for one prefer hopeful members to first grasp the presence of their character in the server, familiarising themselves with everybody (all in character) and then building up their story from there. It's hard to back up stuff like having a split personality or something if you're not aging or initiated to become a Jedi. Keep your roleplay simple and fun for now! Just have fun guys.

-Saos.

name_saosnartu|age_17|species_kiffar|rank_initiate

Ranneth Ghyron

Re: Hint to hopeful members

Post by Ranneth Ghyron »

My character's artificial limb is not overpowered (I think I've indicated it in my application). I've only added that part because I found a 14 year old boy with a robotic arm interesting.
Since my character was teased by many folks because of his disability, this experience effected his personality.

If it is too much, no problem, I gonna make it specific that the arm of Ranneth is just a replacement, not an upgrade.
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Just a quick note to Ranneth, loosing a limb and then replacing it with a cybernetic would noticeably lower his Midi-chlorian count. Just something to consider, he is your character after all!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

I personally don't see it as to much of a problem if the child's been involved in an accident at a young age and had his limb replaced, as long as this is not a reoccurring theme in characters jedi path, eg. getting hurt all the time in almost every mission in an undeniably questionable way and surviving.
I'd imagine the Jedi Order doesn't discriminate between people with disabilities and the norm, being able to use the force can only bring a sense of normality to disadvantaged people and such characters may want to use their experiences delving into the medical corps and other such career paths relating to their mishaps.

While I partly agree with Saos, I do believe it needs to be understood that there is a line between overpowering or overplaying ones character, and the possibility of misfortunes in a younglings life before reaching the Jedi Order. I do see Ranneth's case in this as realistic, though also agree with Delmi.

If you choose to go ahead with the prosthetic replacement. Good luck. But yes, it is your character to enjoy roleplaying. ::JEDI:: simply aims for realism where it's mostly possible, in my opinion.

- Kieran.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.