Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Roahu
Lost One

Re: Disney Buys Lucasfilm

Post by Roahu »

Johauna Darkrider wrote:maybe a bit darker Star Wars movie. :)
Star Wars Episode VII: The Dark Knight
Roahu
Lost One

Post by Roahu »

Saos Nartu
Lost One

Post by Saos Nartu »

Roahu wrote:Episodes 7-9 = Jedi Knight Dark Forces, Jedi Outcast, Jedi Academy
^ spat water uncontrollably.

As long as it doesn't turn into a giant musical, or lose its sense of possibility that there really is a galaxy out there that has the routine saber fights and force fight exchangings I won't be too dissapointed.

name_saosnartu|age_17|species_kiffar|rank_initiate

Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Johauna Darkrider wrote:Not a fan of Disney brand too much. Kind of worried it'll turn to be a show for the kids, just like the Clone wars. I like the books more than the actual movies for a good reason. Even the original trilogy had this "fairy-tale" syndrome, where everything was very simplified and shallow; in comparison of some of the books I've read.

PS: No, I never liked fairy tales & would like to see a serious, maybe a bit darker Star Wars movie. :)
I'm not really too worried about Disney making it more kid friendly. Disney owning Marvel shows that they're aware that their properties have specific branding that they need to stay true to in order to make HEAPS OF MONEY.

Then again, how much that was Disney directing things or just telling Marvel "Do what you do..."

Either way, I'm excited yet nervous to see something new.

What if we got a Star Wars with the Sci-Fi Battlestar Galactica treatment? XD
Nastajja Arren
Lost One

Post by Nastajja Arren »

I just remembered that Disney and Marvel used Joss Whedon for the Avengers, so maybe we'll get lucky for Star Wars..?

Species: Ryn

Sibi Volunt
Lost One

Post by Sibi Volunt »

Nastajja Arren wrote:I just remembered that Disney and Marvel used Joss Whedon for the Avengers, so maybe we'll get lucky for Star Wars..?
God would that be amazing.

That's why I'm excited. I mean, before this, all we had was George Lucas who considers the prequel trilogy to be far superior to the original trilogy. Who was done making SW movies and SW material in general lest it fall between EPIII and EPIV. So nothing. Before this, we had nothing. Now, there's at least a chance for something new.

I also agree (and hope) that Disney will do the same with Lucasfilm as they did with Marvel, which is just say "hey, you guys know your audience, go for it". I really think Lucasfilm will be the same group, just without their lucasleash.
Joran Fordo

Post by Joran Fordo »

Sibi Volunt wrote:
Nastajja Arren wrote:I just remembered that Disney and Marvel used Joss Whedon for the Avengers, so maybe we'll get lucky for Star Wars..?
God would that be amazing.

That's why I'm excited. I mean, before this, all we had was George Lucas who considers the prequel trilogy to be far superior to the original trilogy. Who was done making SW movies and SW material in general lest it fall between EPIII and EPIV. So nothing. Before this, we had nothing. Now, there's at least a chance for something new.

I also agree (and hope) that Disney will do the same with Lucasfilm as they did with Marvel, which is just say "hey, you guys know your audience, go for it". I really think Lucasfilm will be the same group, just without their lucasleash.
...this is why I don't panic at all! :D
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

I want them to make the Han Solo Trilogy.

No, wait, I don't want them to ruin the Han Solo Trilogy.

I have very mixed feelings about Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm. And at the same time I don't give a damn.

On a completely unrelated note: I must really be procrastinating if I post here on these boards after so long. Looks like you're all doing fine, though. At least if nobody remembers me, I see you still use my fancy chronometer!

Oh! They should film Legacy! I wouldn't mind that at all!
Roahu
Lost One

Post by Roahu »

Larkit wrote:At least if nobody remembers me, I see you still use my fancy chronometer!
Silly rabbit, we can't forget you.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Roahu wrote:
Larkit wrote:At least if nobody remembers me, I see you still use my fancy chronometer!
Yeah, we've all been highly anticipating your quarterly check ins!

ROAHU! PASS ME MY BLUNDERBUSS... (sp?) :mrgreen:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Ahkro Cerinla
Lost One

Post by Ahkro Cerinla »

Sebastin Creed wrote:
Roahu wrote:
Yeah, we've all been highly anticipating your quarterly check ins!

ROAHU! PASS ME MY BLUNDERBUSS... (sp?) :mrgreen:
SP seems correct.
Do we have any sentient duck species in Star Wars?
We can re-enact Bugs Bunny shorts.
Species: Thyrsian | Born: 289.20 | Age:24 | Initiated:304.15 | Height: 1.83 | Weight: 84.2kg | Languages: Thyrsian mimetics, Basic, Huttese (Fluent), Shyriiwook (Understanding), Bocce (Fluent), Zabraki (Fluent)
Larkit
Lost One

Post by Larkit »

Sebastin Creed wrote:Yeah, we've all been highly anticipating your quarterly check ins!
Wait ... if you know about my quarterly check ins, then you must know about my annual reports as well?

Also, I'm all in for a Bugs Bunny re-enactment provided I get to be Marvin the Martian.

I really have to put an end to my procrastination, though. I have exams in quantum mechanics and philosophy of science next week.
Motoko
Lost One

Post by Motoko »

Arukh Bakh'tor
Lost One

Post by Arukh Bakh'tor »

Looking forward to it now.

|name_arukh.bakh'tor|age_30|rank_padawan|mentor_tergos.zemnos|

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

The new star treks weren't extreme deviations. So there's hope, too bad we're probably in for a lot of this though: