Force Pull

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Skrassk
Lost One

Force Pull

Post by Skrassk »

I was playing SP the other day and got bored so decided to spawn a kyle_boss, and I had an idea, would it be possible to implement the ability to force pull hilts out of peoples hands at high levels with Force Pull and send them flying across in a random direction like Kyle does?

It may seem like a silly idea but it might be interesting to see as part of combat.

Was thinking maybe:

Pull 4 - 4%
Pull 5 - 9%

The reason I gave such small values as higher ones would totally make it unfair but negotiable, but it should also require the user to be close enough to the target say...1-3 meters?

Like I said..it might just come off as a silly and pointless suggestion, thoughts?
Herenai
Lost One

Re: Force Pull

Post by Herenai »

From my point of view, pulling someone's lightsaber is hard, it's not a simple blaster, it's a part of the Jedi. Only Masters and some Knights should be able to do it. Or well, let's say "A very advanced guy" Anakin like would do it to his fellow padawans but... That won't do it ;)

However, I support the idea if Masters and some Knights do it without abusing it :D
Zekii to Azra : "You're blue because of the lack of oxygen in your blood ! "
Skrassk
Lost One

Post by Skrassk »

Herenai wrote:Masters and some Knights do it without abusing it :D
That's the reason for the low percentages, I'd considered 1% and 4% but it seemed a tad too extreme to have it as a 1 in 100 and 4 in 100 chances to disarm, no-one uses pull that much in a spar so you'd hardly see it, plus I had to try and compensate for the Force regeneration time most people have which in tern reduces pull usage further, there are probably a dozen more factors to consider.

Anyway..I'm rambling.
Illrian Damaris
Lost One

Post by Illrian Damaris »

This has been discussed before, actually. A few times that I've noticed.. the issue is, is a Jedi learns to control the Force within him, and while a Knight/Master could potentially pull a lightsaber from an Initiate, given the level of training.. there really is no reason for it to be a game mechanic I would think.

If a Knight/Master wished to do that, they could simply inform the student before hand and RP pulling it and the student would rpdropweapon. That's how I look at it, anyways.
| species_zabrak | age_55 | defender |
| initiated_280.17 | mentor_
aayla vigil |
| knighted_298.25 | padawan_
sawyer snow.rui vuusen |
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

Whenever I've seen someone RP it with the ::'s, people oblige. I think if you added to the actual game mechanics, even with the lowered percents, it would become too common of a feat. To take away a Jedi's lightsaber should not be a easy task.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri