Running RPmod through Steam.

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Running RPmod through Steam.

Post by Kieran Orion »

Hi there.

Is there a way to run Rpmod through Steam? I've tried to install it using both install clients and nothing seems to be working, the mod is recognised in the base game though if I try to switch to it, it just reconnects as base. The icon on the desktop is also off and doesn't do anything when I start it up...

Any idea's ?

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Re: Running RPmod through Steam.

Post by Kieran Orion »

Nevermind, found a thread that answers my problem.

Thanks anyway! >.<

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Alright, I realize this is a very very old and dead thread but I've run into the same likely issue when trying to install the game on my new system. Rpmod, though installed and even activated through the mods section in game, does not appear to register once I've entered the server. The Account info still comes up with "???" and none of the animations work. I've even gone so far as to copy the entire 'gamedata' folder across and it's still not happening...

Logically I really shouldn't be running into this issue but for the life of me, steam seems to hate me at the moment and no matter what I try, I get in, I can log in but the animations and account info don't show.

Any suggestions would be beautiful...Thanks guys, sorry for bumping such an old thread. I guess I won't be in game till this gets sorted...

- Kieran.

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Interesante,

You're launching it through the steam client or just from the steam folder?

What are the parameters in your "set launch options" field?
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Lol dude I can't even remember how to set launch parameters. I've tried running it through both Steam and the Game client...At a loss here man, I honestly am struggling to see any difference from the way it was set up before hand.

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Have just uninstalled the game, I'm going to try to reinstall and then install Rpmod manually. See if there's any difference there.

Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Try this,

1. Go to your Steam game Library
2. Right click on JKA MP (or whatever the game is listed as)
3. Click on Properties
4. Click on Set Launch options.
5. Paste this bad boy in there "+set fs_game rpmod" without the quotation marks.
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

It would seem that I have once again sorted a successful outcome, to the same problem and in the same thread. Maybe next time I'll avoid posting and just go straight to ripping my hair out. Seems after a re-installation of both JKA and Rpmod (using the manual install), despite running to the end of my bandwidth and things going pain-stakingly slow, I've sussed it out!

Yay me!

Thanks Oberon for the help with the Steam launch thing, and to Delmi and Illrian of whom I complained to (marginally) about this issue. Lol, annoyed me greatly but no matter, I have it going now!