No Sound Cast on Certain Powers

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Re: No Sound Cast on Certain Powers

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Look personally I like the sounds. But I know during the War of Attrition metagaming was a huge issue. If it's not anymore, great, happy to hear it. But the point was brought up earlier about stealth. I know that when I'm playing an npc in a mission I try really hard not to metagame but when I hear the sound effects the temptation is definitely very strong.
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

(pardon the double post, but no one has posted and it's been awhile)

Forgive my ignorance, but is there any way we can program it so powers don't make sounds in the galaxy server but they do on the temple server? Probably not, but I think if it was possible that could fix both issues. Keep the game feel while in the temple but remove the threat of metagaming on missions.

Just a suggestion, if it is workable.
Sai Akiada
Lost One

Post by Sai Akiada »

Hmm again It's just a plaster. I'd personaly rather snub out meta gaming (If it's happening) than apply such a hotfix. Meta-gaming is not permitted here so if you see it going on, politely remind said individual, if it continues, send in a report to the Council. Sorted.

If you want sounds removed client side, that's entirely up to the individual. Feel free.

| Age_50's | Race_Human | Padawan_Zeak Dystiny, Des Anaro, Zuri Lyn |