Launching RPMod from Steam?

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Kinto Yuurik

Launching RPMod from Steam?

Post by Kinto Yuurik »

I've checked all the other Steam threads, and I don't think this issue has been brought up yet. If it has, I apologise.

I installed the RPMod client, set it to the right directory, got the shortcut on my desktop on then put the launch to jamp.exe, but every time I try to start the game using the shortcut it launches the SP, which obviously doesn't work.

I tried setting the launch properties on steam to "+set fs_game rpmod" but that still doesn't work. I can launch the Multiplayer from Steam, but when I get on the server it's like RPMod isn't installed at all, and it's just the vanilla game. How do I launch RPMod? I've lost my JK3 discs so I can't even use them. :(

It's weird, because I can play on the server, but I can't use RPMod. Any help would be really appreciated, thanks. :)

(Steam>Steamapps>Common>Jedi Academy>Game Data)
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Re: Launching RPMod from Steam?

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

I had the same issue as did many other people here: viewtopic.php?f=107&t=8822&p=105437&hilit=steam#p105437
Kinto Yuurik

Post by Kinto Yuurik »

Thanks, it worked. I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was putting everything in either the "Base" or "rpmod" folder, instead of putting strings and anims in the "Base", and the rest in "rpmod".

I'm going to go smack myself in the face a few times, now. :oops: Thanks for the help!
Zahkot Ke'dor

Post by Zahkot Ke'dor »

I just load it as a mod when I run MP from Steam. There's a MOD list in the options, and RP Mod is there. I've had no problems so far.
Daek Ci'ol

Post by Daek Ci'ol »

Just my opinion but I reckon the Steam - RPmod fix should be placed in the Information section, since it's a common issue with steam users, new and returning members.

Just saying :)
Formerly Skrassk
Estryn Naethinor

Post by Estryn Naethinor »

I ran into a problem like this as well, but I fixed it! What I did was that I inverted jasp.exe and jamp.exe, so the current jasp.exe would become jamp.exe and vise-versa. Then I set it to run like the old jamp.exe by making a shortcut of the new jasp.exe and put the same part of launch code on the new shortcut:
"+set fs_game rpmod"

Hope this helped you ^_^
Kinto Yuurik

Post by Kinto Yuurik »

Thanks for the help everyone! Also thanks for Soh for this awesome mod, it's like a completely new game.