RPMod not detected (though it clearly is there)

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

RPMod not detected (though it clearly is there)

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Only just happened today, connected the server, only to find that RPMod was not detected. Though it's in the RPmod folder itself no problem.

Here are some questions that I shall answer since I'm sure these will be the most frequently asked.

Steam or Retail? Retail, I got JKA in 2005 at a Wal-Mart, had it for years.

Did anything change in your RPMod folder? Only change was a .nav file for the map I'm making make its way on there in a maps folder, which has since been deleted (THe .nav file not the .map file, it's in base), I tested it on that mod under advice from Zular Jin, whom (as far as I know) has never had that problem.

How do you normally connect? I use a third-party program called Ultra Utility by BobeFett, used it since the beginning with no problems.

Did you try connecting some other way after noticing the problem? Tried using the JAMP with RPMod shortcut on the desktop, no change. Tried creating a batch file to connect directly to the server, no change. Took the long route, starting up base multiplayer, switch on RPmod, and connect to the temple like that.

Have you tried reinstalling? Yes, I used the control panel uninstaller to remove it, rather than remove the whole RPmod folder. I then downloaded the standalone installer and put the files back in, no change on connection.

Really need some help, but in my short time as a Computer Science student I've learned many things, including the fact that the solution to a problem is always the most obvious. But I hope at least someone can help me out.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Re: RPMod not detected (though it clearly is there)

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Ok, it's fixed. All that was needed was a hard reinstall, aka Delete everything, including the folder, and reinstall it.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Glad you finally got to the bottom of it but it's always frustrating when you still have no idea what caused a problem. :lol:

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Every time it's the most obvious solution, and you never realize it. lol :lol: