Multi-language Character

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Gorrak

Multi-language Character

Post by Gorrak »

Alright, so I've been pretty busy lately and haven't had the chance to introduce the Wookiee character I want to try out. Not sure if I'll get the chance anyway, as major life changes may occur within the next few weeks. However, just in case, I at least wanted to know ahead of time...

Is there any specific structure for conversing through a different language? Not everyone knows every language for example, and for Wookiee, I was going to use the following format:

=Wookiee=Name=: Woogaah. Huu hawaaaah hoooghhe waagh! (I'm hungry. Where would I go to find food to eat?)

Basically my concept is using the default green for the actual sounds that the character makes, followed by a translation in yellow (^3). Would that work?

Obviously if there's already a system set up for languages, I'll use that, but was curiosu and wanting to make sure what would be acceptable. Cheers!
Gorrak // Chistori // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Grozevge // Wookiee // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Re: Multi-language Character

Post by Esth Me'sku »

It'd be interesting to see role playing of a wookiee. Not sure of how you'd go about talking, though. Maybe a translator all the time? I like to see new stuff come! :)

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

We have a set way for translated languages, in yellow, ::Language::<<Speech>>
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

Wookies could potentially be a forbidden race though for a main character. Maybe someone in the council can clarify. On a personal note though I love wookies :)
Oberon
Lost One

Post by Oberon »

Subject: JEDI Server Rules
The Jedi Council wrote:
  • Translations: some characters don't speak Basic (Star Wars equivalent to English), requiring a translation device. Translated speech should maintain double greater-than/less-than symbols (<<and>>) facing towards the text specified as translated speech. At some point during play, a player should reference what Star Wars language their character is speaking.
    =Sai=Akiada=::JEDI::: ::Translated Huttese:: <<Hello>>

¬ The Jedi Council.
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Simus Cnydaria wrote:Wookies could potentially be a forbidden race though for a main character. Maybe someone in the council can clarify. On a personal note though I love wookies :)
He's been permitted to create a Wookiee character by the Council. :)

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Gorrak

Post by Gorrak »

And man, thanks for providing the formula for languages. Since I was set to play a Chistori before, I must have glossed over that section when I read the rules. I appreciate you all pointing it out, thanks!

Hope that I'll get the chance to come in and keep up the hopeful thing again.
Gorrak // Chistori // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Grozevge // Wookiee // Force Sensitive // Hopeful // Download Parameters
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Simus Cnydaria wrote:Wookies could potentially be a forbidden race though for a main character. Maybe someone in the council can clarify. On a personal note though I love wookies :)
We have forbidden character races here? Did not know that. What'd constitute a forbidden race? Just cuirous :D

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Esth Me'sku wrote:
We have forbidden character races here? Did not know that. What'd constitute a forbidden race? Just cuirous :D
Kushiban is one, Changling I believe is another. However, with the new Council we are happy to hear any request for any race - people just out to be aware that some species are less likely to be accepted that others is all. :D

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

Yoda species is another one.
Munro Olar
Lost One

Post by Munro Olar »

Amalia Feyn wrote:Yoda species is another one.

Hey! Don't kill my dreams of having this Enclave become solely that of the Yoda's with speech impediments! T_T