Brainstorming!

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Brainstorming!

Post by Delmi N'jork »

So, there are several powers that stop progressing at level 3. With RPMod 0.5.0 released just a little while ago, I think it might be appropriate if we all come together and try to help Soh out and figure out what we can do with those abilities.

Currently the powers that are base or need work past level 3 are as follows:
  • Speed (besides extended durations).
  • Slow.
  • Fury.
  • Saber throw.
Also consider that Sense, Absorb, and Storm don't get any perks for progressing them to level 5.

Let's see what we can come up with!!
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Re: Brainstorming!

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

I don't think speed needs an increase in speed, I think the duration is appropriate in my opinion.

Slow: I know in single player force drain can kill you in you run out of force power while being attacked by it. Not sure if this is shared in multiplayer, but if it isn't.

level 4: Level 3 + drain health at 10 hp per second
level 5: Level 3 + drain health at 20 hp per second

Fury:

level 4: No longer drains health + longer duration
level 5: No longer drains health + longer duration + no more slowed effect after use

Saber throw: An automatic targeting saber throw would be bad as you could easily end up hitting something you don't want to. Honestly this probably doesn't need any updates

Level 4: less FP to use, defense 3+ can block
Level 5: less FP to use, only defense 4 + 5 can block

Sense gets a perk at level 5, it can break all mind trick levels

Absorb I can't think of anything

Storm:

Level 5: Same as level 4 but less FP to use
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Khátla Merie
Lost One

Post by Khátla Merie »

I would love to see a percent chance of sense nullifying a mindtrick one level above itself. It's problematic though, because someone could simply spam it like crazy to take advantage of it.
Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

The only meaningful change i can see possibly being made to storm is if storm 5 was made to resemble Force Storm from KotOR.. IE raise a hand in the air and you get a 360 degree blast.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

I always wondered if it was possible to introduce the saber throw from SP in MP. Instead of having the saber throw return to you, with level 4 and 5, the moment it hits a target, it continually hits the target it making it more lethal.
Khátla Merie
Lost One

Post by Khátla Merie »

Well it is certainly possible, the only reason why it hasn't been introduced to the multi-player I believe, was for the sake of balancing the online game mechanics.
I did some messing around the MP source codes together with my uncle a year or two ago, and we recreated both the type of saber throws you see in MB2(Minus the animations) where the saber would stick to the wall if it hit it correctly. That one mechanic looked cooled, but didn't really make all that much sense.

And then we dug around a bit, and ended up recreating the SP type saber throw, which was incredibly over-powered but fun and useful in a various number of situations.
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

The only alteration for saber throw I can think of is making Saber Throw 1 where you throw your hilt at the opponent and it would eventually hit the ground (Mb2 Style), instead of controlling it with the Force.
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Virtuo Alegan wrote:Sense gets a perk at level 5, it can break all mind trick levels
Am I incorrect in thinking that sense level 5 already counter-acts all mind trick levels?

_____

Speed: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=9330
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Munro Olar
Lost One

Post by Munro Olar »

Azrael wrote:The only meaningful change i can see possibly being made to storm is if storm 5 was made to resemble Force Storm from KotOR.. IE raise a hand in the air and you get a 360 degree blast.
If that is the case, a 360 degree drain should also be considered if that is the case, not sure how often the ability is used but still!

I think fury should keep the health drain personally, without it, it's pretty much a Jedi on crack, it offers enough protection, damage and speed alone, the health drain simply balances it out as a sacrifice so it's not entirely unstoppable in a sense.

Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

Tergos Zemnos wrote:The only alteration for saber throw I can think of is making Saber Throw 1 where you throw your hilt at the opponent and it would eventually hit the ground (Mb2 Style), instead of controlling it with the Force.
I was thinking that too. I like that idea.
Jerex Sol wrote:
Virtuo Alegan wrote:Sense gets a perk at level 5, it can break all mind trick levels
Am I incorrect in thinking that sense level 5 already counter-acts all mind trick levels?
You're right, yes. It breaks all mind trick levels. I feel like sense 5 should just reveal everyone on the map everywhere, cause on certain maps the difference between sense 4 and 5 feels no different than sense 2, except for the names above the head. The extended range is noticeable on large open maps but not where there are a lot of map brushes in between players.
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

If you could sense everyone on the map at any time with their names floating above their heads, wouldn't that crowd your screen to the point you wouldn't be able to determine who was actually where? o.O
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Alehk Thol wrote:If you could sense everyone on the map at any time with their names floating above their heads, wouldn't that crowd your screen to the point you wouldn't be able to determine who was actually where? o.O
Names matter not when it's you against cannon fodder. :twisted:

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

Alehk Thol wrote:If you could sense everyone on the map at any time with their names floating above their heads, wouldn't that crowd your screen to the point you wouldn't be able to determine who was actually where? o.O
Maybe... You could make it that names appearing over people's heads could remain the same as it does now, and simply the limits of revealing the outline of people are removed. In other words, you can see players, but you would need to move closer for the names to appear above their head. That's an idea.

At the moment, even with sense 5, you can't actually see that far unless it's a very open map (in which then you can see really far). This is more an idea I'm suggesting for the sake of public release since it seems like a natural progression from sense 4 to sense 5.

Alternatively, don't use sense when their is to many people :lol:
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Personally, some of the powers don't need 'perks' but perhaps just cost less to action for those that really want it.

Virtuo seems to have given some good ideas towards Fury and Saber throw, decreasing FP cost as well as the draining health, Defense level blocks etc. Fury could continue to drain HP up until level 5 where it can either stop, or be a bare minimum amount while a re-increase on FP cost.

i.e.

Level 1 Fury = Drain HP High + High FP cost + short duration
Level 2 Fury = Drain HP medium + medium FP cost + short duration
Level 3 Fury = Drain HP Low + medium FP cost + extended duration
Level 4 Fury = Drain HP Low + low FP cost. + same duration as level 3
Level 5 Fury = Drain No (-1?) HP + High FP cost + longer duration.

So, it switches between perks up until level 5 where it's the best... or someting like that, you get the aim of the idea.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol