Separate Room

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Separate Room

Post by Esth Me'sku »

This may... or may not be a good idea. Probably a hit or miss! But.. Separate rooms! Always was fond of the thought. Though for obvious reasons, I could see reasoning behind why this would be a bad idea ;) So before taking it any further, was wanting to toss up the idea of separate room divisions. But what brings my suggestion to a public forum is this.

I am not sure if it is a mapping process (most likely is!) or could be somehow implemented to RP mod. This is more on the lines of teleportation. There are certain maps out in the community where you would walk onto a platform and be immediately transported elsewhere in the map. I was curious if this was a good idea for ::JEDI:: or just.. something I find interesting.

The idea is as follows! We would have separate sections of the map be based into individual rooms and the coordinates be saved to each individual RP account. The student/master would walk onto it and mapped into separate rooms would be the persons unique room. Though RP as if ::Walks into room::

Thoughts, concerns? If its just that horrible or canon OOC then please by all means, delete this! Just wanted to toss up some creativity.

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Re: Separate Room

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Would take far too much work. Mapping and account managing. While mapping is easy, not everyone is able to actually finish a project.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Maybe the map is already quite big enough, not sure on the limit.
And then, what if you wanted to go into a room together and couldn't?
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Esth Me'sku
Lost One

Post by Esth Me'sku »

Zander-Bo Umra wrote:And then, what if you wanted to go into a room together and couldn't?
That is what a little tweaking is for! ;)

I understand it has its pros and cons. More cons than pros. But hey! It could be a possibility if given the time and day. Perhaps, though, its one of those ideas that in the end puts to much time and effort into than what its worth.

Initiated_311.25 : Novinced_314.12 : Apprenticed_321.05 : Age_20 : Mentor_Delmi N'jork

Azrael
Lost One

Post by Azrael »

Far too much unnecessary work in my opinion. Why not just have these new rooms and have people be able to walk into them normally? Adding teleport points is quite unnecessary and, for me at least, would break the overall 'feel' of the map. I also don't think 'personal' teleport locations based on account is possible, given the age of the game engine. As Zander said though, this is kind of pointless as it would prevent multiple people from entering a room.
|Species: Chiss | Homeworld: Coruscant | Mentors: Aeon Xarbon, Shimi Zaki | Padawans: Imil Ucindus, Kiwron Tirladdik, Munro Olar, Shakk'aven |Position:Jedi Master - Historian/Librarian
Tergos Zemnos
Lost One

Post by Tergos Zemnos »

Didn't Sai's file for the map get corrupted and unable to use?
Species: Human|Age: 50's| Initiated: 286.16|
Knighted: 310.28|Mentor: Sasha Raven_Delmi N'jork|Padawan: Arukh Bakh'tor_Xel Damar