Menu "Help" Selection for in-game assistance.

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Menu "Help" Selection for in-game assistance.

Post by Kieran Orion »

Greetings,

I've been told that I'm missing the help section in the in-game menu after pressing "Esc", an apparent feature of the new update. My thoughts are that perhaps I have a file conflicting with this somewhere in my installation however, i'm honestly buggered if I rightly know. I just re-installed Rpmod again and I run it through steam yet to my dissatisfaction, there seems to be no change.

Any idea's?

This is currently what I'm seeing in-game which might help explain my issue:

I'm assuming this looks different to everyone elses layout ?

Any help here would be appreciated and thanks.

- Kieran.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Xel Damar
Lost One

Re: Menu "Help" Selection for in-game assistance.

Post by Xel Damar »

Does the about section still have all the information about usually has? Or is it just named wrong?

And it's help in the new one I think. I know steam tends to patch files into the game if replaced, not sure if it affects mod but maybe disable auto-update?

Xel Damar | Kel Dor | Dorin | Novice Learner | Initiation date: 325.02 ABY | Novice date: 325.23 ABY | Master: Tergos Zemnos, Bo Iiln

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Unfortunate not, the information that's meant to be included isn't there at all.

At first I thought perhaps files had been mixed in from the previous update, that I might be missing something in my game folder but after re-installing and following the correct instructions, I'm still left with this issue.

It has me rather puzzled and having not experienced this specific feature, I can't say I know what's goin' on. I was hoping Soh might be able to shed some light on what I may have done wrong. If anything.

Edit: It would appear that inputting the command "/Rphelp" within the console opens this menu as it's meant to appear regardless of my current layout. Strange yet a tolerable bug. Nevermind, I'll roll with it.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

You may have a mod that alters the "ui/jamp/ingame.menu" file, such as the original SystemA mod. Make sure to keep your "rpmod" folder clear of any mod, and move any non-RPMod PK3 you have there either to Base or to a "JEDI" folder (it will be taken into account if you launch the game with +set fs_basegame JEDI, which is automatically done by the RPMod Launcher).

In any case, /rphelp also does the same thing as the Help button, as you found out. :)
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Well...You might have hit the nail on the head Soh, I happened to have been looking at SystemA the other day wondering what it was lol, I wasn't going to touch it though as I wasn't certain....Thanks for the heads up, I'll take care of that soon and get back to you.

Cheers for the assist, mate :D

- Kieran.