Inventory-System

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Inventory-System

Post by Lynee'alin »

Ok, what about an Inventory-System for the JEDI-mod?

Here is how it works:

As you know (or not), there is an inventory in Jedi Outcast and in Jedi Academy, containing bacta canister, field-shield generator, seeker drone (JK2), sentry (JK2), officer's keys and many more stuff.

I think if you round it up, it is something like 10 or more inventory slots which can be replaced by other things (examples):

-Food (-canisters // Little canisters, of course, not big ones.)

-Water (-bottles // Also: a little bottle.)

-Credits

-Datapad

-Pazaak Cards

-Playing Dices

-Security Keys

-Bacta bottles

This is the basic rough idea: Replacing those items with more realistic objects which can really pump up the RP-atmosphere, in my opinion.

Thats not everything.

What about changing those items with other people? Or interacting with them, like using them or something like that?

For example, you could remove the healthpacks and shieldpacks from the maps as they are pretty unrealistic. Now where to get health and shield? Easy: You can go into the cantina, stand infront of a shelf and press "use" to take food and water.

You could now "use" those two inventory objects to regain health over time. Like 3 or 5 HP per second when you eat something or drink. This is surely more realistic than just picking those healthpacks up and getting instant health-boost.

For the shields: You can, for example, get energy-batteries from somewhere (maybe something like a workshop?) and also "use" the inventory-object, to recharge shields over time.

The bacta bottles could be bought at the medical bay for a small amount of credits (this is where the Credit-items will be handy). Also, the bacta bottle will refresh health over time. Difference: It will refresh way more health than the food or the water, but therefore it will also cost a few credits. (to prevent bacta-spamming)

The security keys could be selected and "used" by the masters or knights, infront of those doors who will only open to them. Means, you could do something like "master-key" and "knight-key".

Ok, you went to the cantina and took some water and food, but your mate wants some, too? No problem: Just select the item in the inventory and throw/give it to your partner.

When you have more than one of the same object, it could be shown with a little number at the object-image. For example: [---]? where [---] is the image of the item.

I think, it wont be necessary to display those items ingame with 3D-objects because they wont have to be visible anywhere. But you could still use 2D-images for the items in the inventory.

Discuss.
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

Thanks Lynee for your suggestions,

And good news I have for you...

We will not need to have those in our Mod, as instead, there will be no health-pack nor Shields packs in JEDI's map.

Instead, all we'll have in Training rooms, meditation chambers and the Cantina will be Health and Shield dispenser.

You'Ll walk up to them, press Use and get recharged.

Hope it is a satisfying method of removing the annoying Health-packs.
Gabe Alkorda
Lost One

Post by Gabe Alkorda »

Will the generators "run out" like they do in SP, I wonder?
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

No, they won't
Lynee'alin
Exiled

Post by Lynee'alin »

But will that inventory-thing be added at all? Its a nice boost to RP-atmosphere
Axem Keigoku
Exiled

Post by Axem Keigoku »

We will see

The thing is that we try to keep limited to a server-side, so if we add to much that is not in the BaseJka, it might turn out to be a client-side mod, which is limiting also.

Having a required download is something that displease most user, as exemple, I haven't tried MovieBattles because it's a client-side mod. It might be a great mod, but being needed to download something is quite irritating.