Crashes

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Re: Crashes

Post by Sebastin Creed »

All npc toss_crates are part of the JEDI NPC pack which is downloaded as part of the RPmod itself.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Servers restarted, hopefully this will work.

|Padawan(s): Olim Adasca|Rita Sandria| Kantha Maitri|Shaok Panek|Kajuun Mujai|Jago Mirax|Jerex Sol

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Works now.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Evanin wrote:Works now.
Excellent, make sure all your JEDI packs are up to date to ensure the next time it's spawned it doesn't crash you.

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Sebastin Creed wrote:
Evanin wrote:Works now.
Excellent, make sure all your JEDI packs are up to date to ensure the next time it's spawned it doesn't crash you.
When I tried it the server was empty this morning I got on fine, but I just tried now and it's happening again so I have a feeling it MIGHT be a skin someone is using though it's only a guess but I have everyones skin files plus I've changed nothing, it's really odd and with no error message I have no idea the exact cause...
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I'm not sure a skin would be the cause of these crashes, when the crash happens, is it straight to desktop or does it kick you back to the main menu for JKA?

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Sebastin Creed wrote:I'm not sure a skin would be the cause of these crashes, when the crash happens, is it straight to desktop or does it kick you back to the main menu for JKA?
Desktop, it was fine this morning when I was on my own then suddenly did it again now it will say "gamestate" then it doesn't even show the map image before crashing..

Dunno if it's worth mentioning, but the same people are on now that were on when it happened last night...
Attachments
JEDI crash.png

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Again, I'm not sure a skin could be the cause of the error for you, unless Soh or someone else have an idea of how a skin could cause you to crash.

If you want to organise everyone to come off one at a time, while you try get on in a trial and error method, be my guest. :mrgreen:

Try connecting again, I will see if I can capture a log of what happens when you try to do so.

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

Okay, I saw you connect then disconnect, no reference of any error on the server (wasn't sure if that would work anyway).

Taking the names of those on server, have you got all of their skins (or proposed skins for those hopefuls), in your RPmod or base folder?

Try swapping them out one at a time, connecting after each one.

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Sebastin Creed wrote:Okay, I saw you connect then disconnect, no reference of any error on the server (wasn't sure if that would work anyway).

Taking the names of those on server, have you got all of their skins (or proposed skins for those hopefuls), in your RPmod or base folder?

Try swapping them out one at a time, connecting after each one.
Well I redownloaded the skin pack for members to be sure I'll give younglings another go, I know I have everyones though, unless Bavack is using a different skin to usual which I doubt.

Edit: No change after downloading the youngling pack again.

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Double post (sorry)

I worked out what is different, my headset wasn't plugged in! It wasn't last night either when playing skyrim on my xbox and that was why then too, it was in this morning when I connected and it wasn't when I was trying now, the moment I plugged it in and tried it worked.

Thank you to everyone that tried to help me fix this, especially to Seb who was checking behind the scenes for any errors I had connecting <3
Last edited by Evanin Dawnstar on Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

So, your game was crashing when the headset wasn't or was plugged in?

Strange how that would happen, but I guess at least you now know. Perhaps Soh could offer an explanation on what that might be doing to the game? Perhaps it has something to do with your sound settings in relation to the head set.

I use a headset frequently when on the game, but I can also do it through a set of speakers and sub.

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Sebastin Creed wrote:So, your game was crashing when the headset wasn't or was plugged in?

Strange how that would happen, but I guess at least you now know. Perhaps Soh could offer an explanation on what that might be doing to the game? Perhaps it has something to do with your sound settings in relation to the head set.

I use a headset frequently when on the game, but I can also do it through a set of speakers and sub.
Turtle beach set, the game must have detected nothing was plugged in so it automatically got confused and didn't know how to respond, might be a mod related thing as I was on a JA+ server without them in fine last night.

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Sebastin Creed
Lost One

Post by Sebastin Creed »

I had the exact same head set at one point, I didn't have any connection issues myself.

Again though, could perhaps use Soh's knowledge in suggesting a possible cause.