Awaiting Gamestate

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Mirkal
Jedi Master

Re: Awaiting Gamestate

Post by Mirkal »

Virtuo Alegan wrote:Best solution I can really offer is not be doing anything else on the internet, and be patient. That means no voice chat on Skype, watching youtube, etc. Take the time to grab yourself a snack, take a bio break, whatever you want, just don't let it be internet related.

EDIT: Also, let the connection be fresh, if you access the internet with the problem, restart the game completely.
You sure that's the problem? I have God awful internet from a cheap local ISP and I've been connecting just fine everytime.
I think I might've gone through something similar to this a long time ago on a different server, but I just stopped going there altogether, which is obviously not an option in this case. But I'll help look into this with y'all. Best of luck, everyone! :)
With his love's last breath, she too exhaled a tale:
A new sun rises from the sea to flood the land in light...
Raising the mother's shining soul as blessing, these spirits light the dark to cull

Many times for eons yet to pass, the day will fade and night again will fall
But when it's darkest and again we thrash within its grip
Again the sun will rise
those spirits come to save us all
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Tra'ven wrote:Hi all,

So, for the past few days I have been getting stuck on the "Awaiting Gamestate" page when trying to connect to the server. It seems to be sporadic, as I can sometimes connect while I can't at other times. Also, I am/was getting sporadic crashes in which it would be give me the "JAMP has stopped responding..." message.

I've done a reinstall of JKA, the 1.01 patch, and RPMod, but I still seem to be getting the same issue.

Any suggestions? Could this be an IP/Firewall issue? I looked at my Windows Firewall allowances and JAMP seems to be allowed.

Thanks!
This isn't an internet issue, something somewhere has gone wrong I think Virtuo overlooked the part about it crashing to the desktop, so certainly nothing to do with connection, images or a list of your files in RPmod and/or base might give us an idea of why.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Tra'ven
Lost One

Post by Tra'ven »

Evanin wrote:

So, for the past few days I have been getting stuck on the "Awaiting Gamestate" page when trying to connect to the server. It seems to be sporadic, as I can sometimes connect while I can't at other times. Also, I am/was getting sporadic crashes in which it would be give me the "JAMP has stopped responding..." message.

I've done a reinstall of JKA, the 1.01 patch, and RPMod, but I still seem to be getting the same issue.

Any suggestions? Could this be an IP/Firewall issue? I looked at my Windows Firewall allowances and JAMP seems to be allowed.

Thanks!
This isn't an internet issue, something somewhere has gone wrong I think Virtuo overlooked the part about it crashing to the desktop, so certainly nothing to do with connection, images or a list of your files in RPmod and/or base might give us an idea of why.
I haven't gotten that issue in a while. To Virtuo's credit, after waiting for a while, I am able to connect. At least I was last night. I'm currently at work and haven't faced any of the same issues.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Tra'ven wrote:
Evanin wrote:

Thanks!
I haven't gotten that issue in a while. To Virtuo's credit, after waiting for a while, I am able to connect. At least I was last night. I'm currently at work and haven't faced any of the same issues.
Glad to hear it, it may have just been a matter of being patient and giving the computer time to sort itself out that sorted it in the end.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Tra'ven
Lost One

Post by Tra'ven »

Evanin wrote: Glad to hear it, it may have just been a matter of being patient and giving the computer time to sort itself out that sorted it in the end.
The moment of truth will be when I get home later. We'll see.
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

That's just a question of patience. Me, Arven and some people that do not speak for themselves here already went through that but only resolved the issue by... just waiting. And keep on trying to connect. It may have been because of too much NPCs and models (should be the issue) that were spawned but it'll allow you to go in eventually. So, keep a cool head!
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|