Launcher and Emotes issue

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Gaarnakk

Re: Launcher and Emotes issue

Post by Gaarnakk »

My settings are the same to Skyward's, the only difference is I did not have that code in my steam launch options, though I have placed it and tried again, it will now launch as RpMod, but will not connect to the server from the launcher and I still do not have the emotes, I will continue to mess with it. Thank you for your help though Clara.
Gaarnakk

Post by Gaarnakk »

Aidan Skyward wrote:So this is the updating problem we're encountering:

I'll let him post his own settings, but here's my RPMod launcher settings:

And my Steam JKA launch settings:

EDIT: I'm not particularly sure if this can help for the emotes, since I'm not having that problem, but I'm really interested in solving the updating problem (because I just think bugs are awesome =P).

My settings are the same as this now, thanks to Clara I can now launch the game as Rpmod and join the server I chose from the launcher, though the emotes still do not work :/

Thank you for your help though Clara.

And ohh Skyward you are only looking for the update problem? I think its because if you deselect auto download and search for updates, it will show the Jedi weapons pack, when I try and update that it says error, so I believe it is just an error with that update not all of them. Try de-selecting auto update and take a look.

Otherwise, half my emotes are still missing.
Gaarnakk

Post by Gaarnakk »

My issue with the emotes has been resolved thanks to Amalia Feyn!

This issue was fixed by deleting the "zzzzz_Mission-Patch.pk3" file. It contained something that messed with the emotes and is being deleted. Thank you all for your help! Much appreciated, I look forward to roleplaying with you all soon to the fullest. :mrgreen:

-Gaarnakk
Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

And it was all my fault cause I made that faulty patch in the first place!

I've removed it from the game assets archive so this won't happen again.
Aidan Skyward
Lost One

Post by Aidan Skyward »

Gaarnakk wrote:And ohh Skyward you are only looking for the update problem? I think its because if you deselect auto download and search for updates, it will show the Jedi weapons pack, when I try and update that it says error, so I believe it is just an error with that update not all of them. Try de-selecting auto update and take a look.
Solved. Thanks! =] Although for me it does say error when I select any of them, but that might be for another thread.
Birthday: 315.10|Species: Echani|Homeworld: N/A
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

Aidan Skyward wrote:I'll let him post his own settings, but here's my RPMod launcher settings:
I see forward slashes (/) in the "JKA Gamedata directory" that was automatically detected from Steam... It looks like it may cause issues with updates downloading (not searching). Could any of you encountering this issue please try to click "Browse" button and pick the GameData folder manually? it should change to backslashes (\); then you could try downloading updates again and let me know if it works. If so I'll update the Launcher to fix the slashes automatically.

Thank you for your help. :)
- Soh.
Aidan Skyward
Lost One

Post by Aidan Skyward »

I realize it's been a minute since this was posted, but that solution worked, Soh. Thanks!
Birthday: 315.10|Species: Echani|Homeworld: N/A