A multi-useful simulation map, JEDI exclusive.

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

A multi-useful simulation map, JEDI exclusive.

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Currently a work in progress, and as my gift to JEDI, I am in the process of creating a simulation map, featuring 10 challenges of the Knight+'s choosing in (almost) any order. Hopefully this map can be re-used.

These challenges are made to test morality, strengths, weaknesses, etc. All while bringing in all sorts kinds of challenges, some familiar, some brand new.

This map is being made with RPMod in mind, as it is JEDI exclusive after all. to some ordinary person they'd probably be very confused.

As of right now, a good chunk of the starting area is completed, and I have brainstormed 6 challenges so far, all of them are currently within my ability to create. I don't want to give too much away, but allow me to tease you of the challenges you might expect.

1. Ship target practice.

2. Forcefield puzzle + lava

3. Airlock danger

4. Water Maze

5. Protocol Droid avoidance (Thanks to Rash for the inspiration :mrgreen: )

10. Final boss (still deciding)

If any of you are interested in helping this map come to life, please feel free to Skype me or something. I also need 4 more challenges, so please post your ideas, or Skype me with them if you wish to avoid spoiling the fine details. After some time I'll put up a poll with the ideas submitted. The top 4 voted for will be featured in the map.

I don't plan on dropping this project, it WILL be done. :wink:

UPDATE: 9/4/13

I'm pleased to report that Zular Jin has joined the team to map, his natural talent in mapping will be invaluable. I will be taking any help possible for this map; texture artists, mappers, I am not taking beta testers yet until the map starts coming more together. (Beta testers must be Knight rank or higher).
Last edited by Virtuo Alegan on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Re: A multi-useful simulation map, JEDI exclusive.

Post by Alehk Thol »

Alternating door puzzle. Start with a locked door and an open one. Using two trigger_multiples, have another door open whilst a different one closes. Repeat the process and mix up the triggers, basically, set it up so that you have to double-back on ones self to open later doors. By mixing up which trigger is linked to which door, you can make some complex puzzles out of it. If you're really ambitious, put in more than one entrance and enforce the puzzle requiring two people to accomplish.

The main point would be communication between the party members to make it through the puzzle. Put a trap door in there, blend it into the floor and have more than one switch in one room. I.e. Keep an eye out for hazards and don't rush. If you wanted, you could mark the doors subtly with a number or colour to show which are linked to allow for better communication. "Find a red switch!"
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

The Forcefield puzzle is already kind of like how you described it, but the trap doors and such could be a nice addition. So thank you.
Virtuo Alegan | Homeworld: Corellia | Species: Epicanthix | Age: 39 | Next Birthday: 343.10 | Rank: Masterless Padawan | Initiated: 314.09 | Noviced: 317.08| Mentors: Kiwron Tirladdik/Rash Loist/Delmi N'jork | Apprenticed: 317.13 | Pilot License: PL-1
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Post by Amoné Fayden »

It's great that you're being creative and making something for JEDI to enjoy as a community. Good for you. :)

My personal suggestion would be to create something/areas/parts that could serve many purposes.

The issue I foresee about creating puzzles is that as soon as you solve them once, you know the formula. That means it can become pointless doing them again a second time. Once you learn to push button C, A then B to finish the area, what's the challenge?

So to make sure your map (and subsequently, your efforts!) are not short-lived and wasted, why not make some things open and configurable by admins?
Maybe a course that Knights could spawn their own NPC setup in or something along those lines. That way the scenario and course can be changed each time and feel different.

A multiple-route jump course would also be good since nobody likes jumping on crappy hit-box remotes. :lol:

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Delmi N'jork
Jedi Master

Post by Delmi N'jork »

My too suggestions would be a jump course like Amoné already mentioned and some sort of puzzle than needed completion with the help of telekinesis or other Force powers.
|Age_187|Height_7'3|Weight_427lb|Race_Nelvaan|Mentor_Maloush Paroveid|Padawans_Aurien Uriah_Amoné Fayden_Tergos Zemnos_Esth Me'sku_Virtuo Alegan_Tweek Etimau_Dithaal_Sirius Invictus_Aqua Sol_Ina'eo'nekri
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

Thank you for all the suggestions, keep them coming. First Post has been updated.
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

I'm sorry that I haven't updated this in a while, progress on the map has been extremely slow, school takes up a lot of time. But I'm hoping to post screenshots in a few days.
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

I was wondering (a year later) what became of this project. Finished or not, I was hoping we might be able to see some screenshots of what you had put together. :)
Virtuo Alegan
Lost One

Post by Virtuo Alegan »

I really hate to say this but the project has been dropped, school just simply got the better of me over time, my final semester before transferring to University I not only had a lot of difficult classes but I also (foolishly) got myself a girlfriend, and after graduation she ended up taking a lot of my time, which is why I wasn't on as much despite it being the summer (we have since broken up), but enough time had passed for me to have completely forgotten about it :shock: .

That being said, I still have the files and if anyone would like to give me their inspiration for a few of the puzzles (actually map them out) I would be more than happy to stick them in the map.
Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Can't say I am such an "expert" into mapping, as I learnt months ago and I'm still working on my first project, but if I can help.. you can count on me.

Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

Virtuo Alegan wrote:That being said, I still have the files and if anyone would like to give me their inspiration for a few of the puzzles (actually map them out) I would be more than happy to stick them in the map.
If you'd be willing to part with some screenshots to get across the general theme, I may be persuaded in making in a contribution. :P