[Force Power(s)] Heal Others / Force Meld

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

[Force Power(s)] Heal Others / Force Meld

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

So, I've been playing with this idea for a small while but only just remembered to post it here. The issue I see with some powers is that they are affecting people in a general area.

I'm focusing especially on Heal Others and Force Meld. Because we play in an FFA setting, if someone would try to use Heal Others on a specific person, they would end up with healing an entire group if they've got a tier of the power allowing that.

I suppose my suggestion ties in with Amalia's previous suggestion about having /rpclientconfig choke to be able to turn off the choking effect. In this case I would think something like that but with the capability to turn off the AoE.

Through this, you won't have wantonly healed the enemy army when trying to mend the booboo your partner got. ;)
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Re: [Force Power(s)] Heal Others / Force Meld

Post by Nico Keztor »

I totally support this.

Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

I agree with this and support.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

I'm fairly certain that this was already mentioned in the old topic on heal others/ force meld.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Nicholae Carnassi wrote:
Amoné Fayden wrote:Thinking of the possibilities of this - I like the idea of the heal rate stacking based on how many healers are healing. A concentrated effort should work doubly fast. :)
YES PLEASE.

Also, let's make it cursor-aim dependent, so that you don't heal the enemy. And if you're within range of them, also key bind-able to target a specific player.

It was truuuuuuu
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

:)
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Soh Raun
Jedi Master

Post by Soh Raun »

This is already implemented: if you target a single player, only this player will be affected by Heal Others / Force Meld. If you want to affect a group, aim your crosshair to the ground.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Soh Raun wrote:This is already implemented: if you target a single player, only this player will be affected by Heal Others / Force Meld. If you want to affect a group, aim your crosshair to the ground.
:o I guess this topic is no longer needed then if it's already available?
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<