Blood trail/improved tracking capabilities in-game

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Rhuk'torr
Lost One

Blood trail/improved tracking capabilities in-game

Post by Rhuk'torr »

I would like to have a way to track players in-game. On certain surfaces (snow, sand) your playermodel will leave footprints in-game, I suggest using this feature to implement this. I suggest a command where you can toggle off/on the ability to see someone's footprints and make the footprints global (not depenandt on a certain surface). I would like to see this as a force power. I know its not possible to add powers to the force power selection but merely having it as a bound toggle command tied up to your account would serve the same purpose. I would also want it to be possible to track a single target. I imagine you would have to use /rpwhatevercommand <target name> or something.

I imagine this power would scale something like this:

level 1: Global highlighted footprints for 1 minutes, single target highlighted footprints for 5 minutes
level 2: Global highlighted footprints for 3 minutes, single target highlighted footprints for 7 minutes
Level 3: Global 5/single 10
level 4: Global 10/single 15
level 5: indefinite?

In truth I would also want to see the footprints animation changed, so that you instead see a sort of fog or mist, or something of the sorts indicating where someone has gone. This power (to my knowledge) could not be tied up to force points, neither XP, but if this is doable im sure the use of this feature/power could be regulated nontheless. This feature could work as a seperate power or it could be made to unlock with sense. Unlock sense 1/unlock level 1 of the feature. This power coupled with sense would allow easier pinpointing of your target. It could also be used as a variation of the force power blood trail. As a species with a great sense of smell my character would want to learn this power and use it to enhance the idea of Noghri having great tracking skills due to their keen sense of smell.

I have no idea if this is possible to do, but if it is I think it would have been an excellent addition to RPmod.
Simus Cnydaria
Lost One

Re: Blood trail/improved tracking capabilities in-game

Post by Simus Cnydaria »

If this can be implemented I like this idea.
Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Agreed, this could be a great benefit to Arven and his department too.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

/support.

Would be very interesting to see in use for tracking :)
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<