-=Meditation Improving force affinity in game=-

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Niko Inaru
Lost One

-=Meditation Improving force affinity in game=-

Post by Niko Inaru »

I was wondering if it was possible to have meditation(Like doing the emote) activate certain strings of code that would enable you to do more. Like if you were able to use force meld in a certain meditated position it have a bigger area of effect and work like Focused Battle Meditation. Same goes for sense, if you have sense one, you'd automatically bump up to sense two or something along those lines but only while meditating.

It's just a thought... I also had an idea of objects gravitating around you while meditating, but that sounds really hard to pull off by attaching each spawnable object with a certain code to gravitate on que when near someone meditating.

Name: Niko Inaru | Birthdate: 323.3 ABY | Age: 35 | Homeworld: Eshan | Initiated: 333.28 ABY | Noviced: 338.14 ABY

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: -=Meditation Improving force affinity in game=-

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

This is a good suggestion, though I believe /rpempower is the most common way of doing this when your unlocked abilities are at level 1 for example or not existent outside of /me as most tend to like falling back on /me and empower as it's always been useful, though /stages/ of empowerment might be an interesting idea where say you did /rpempower2 you got level 4, etc.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

I'm actually curious to question how difficult having floating objects might be in meditation, given our remotes circle us in a similar fashion. There'd be obvious work involved but to be able to perhaps spawn three of them obviously with out them firing and have their models change, perhaps it's a possibility. Programming however really isn't my area of skill so I'm only hazarding a guess here.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

For the second part, rpmodel works a charm.

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Stationary objects would be easy, if it's a crate for example place an invisible one underneath and a normal one on top to give off the effect it's floating?

As Arven said though rpmodel sounds like the way to do it, so long as you don't go crazy as it's been known to sometimes lag the server I think?
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Evanin wrote:Stationary objects would be easy, if it's a crate for example place an invisible one underneath and a normal one on top to give off the effect it's floating?
Easier way, change the 'remote' model to a crate. /npc add remote <name> 0 toss_crate03*

That model floats everywhere and as long as you don't kick it and activate it to fire, it works perfectly well.

On the other side of this post, I'm on the fence about the meditation giving extra benefits to powers. I feel it is a lot of work for very little gain and I do not feel it is necessary to bump up powers strength. It's very easy to RP meditation increasing force affinity rather than having the game do it for you. Remember folks :: :: is your best friend. Honestly the 'sense' example to me feels like a way to get around the game/mod mechanics.

However,
Niko Inaru wrote: Like if you were able to use force meld in a certain meditated position it have a bigger area of effect and work like Focused Battle Meditation.

This I do like, the ability to cast these powers while meditating I feel would add to the realism aspect, instead of having to duel client and fly around to do it. I know 'some' powers work while in emotes so I would pray heal other/meld would to. Again though, I do not feel the 'strength' should be increased.

TL;DR Don't agree with powers being upgraded due to meditation, do agree with powers being able to be used whilst meditating.

*Example for admins

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

First point: Everyone will start AFKing on the server in meditation pose.

Second point: Achievable through roleplay/emotes and use of /rpmodel.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Silas Vir'n wrote:First point: Everyone will start AFKing on the server in meditation pose.

Second point: Achievable through roleplay/emotes and use of /rpmodel.

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Silas Vir'n wrote:First point: Everyone will start AFKing on the server in meditation pose.
Though, I like that Force Meld example.
The rest is possible to do by writing a /me ((:: ::))

Zander-Bo Umra
Lost One

Post by Zander-Bo Umra »

Dual-clienting has been mentioned, and it's not that hard to pull off in terms of flying around casting powers, but I don't think we need a seperate set of coding to achieve what can be done through current means.

Otherwise I refer to Silas and Arven. <3
| Species: Human | Homeworld: Coruscant | Born: 318.16 | Initiated: 324.27 | Apprenticed: 326.13, 329.08 | Knighted: 338.17 | Mentors: K. Orion, A. Silaan

"The Code is not a script, it's a guide." - Zander-Bo Umra, 329.30 ABY

"May my body guide my blade, my mind harness its core, the Force guide my feet." - Zander-Bo Umra, 331.29

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

The only thing I can think of in regards to meditation is to increase the rate in which fp/hp regens

Wen-Ordo
Lost One

Post by Wen-Ordo »

Arven Silaan wrote:The only thing I can think of in regards to meditation is to increase the rate in which fp/hp regens
That sounds like a really good idea actually. (y)
|Full name:Wen-Ordo | Age: 88 | Initiated: 327.21 ABY|Noviced: 329.03 ABY |
| Apprenticed: 329.04 ABY | Knighted: 340.20 ABY |Mentor: Amalia Feyn|
|Padawans: Voh Phaar, Krask Kabal,Dariun Antane, Aren Kelpor |
| Species: Vurk| Homeworld: Sembla/Tatooine|
Van Thoon
Lost One

Post by Van Thoon »

Arven Silaan wrote:The only thing I can think of in regards to meditation is to increase the rate in which fp/hp regens
I also agree with this, anything else has a relatively high chance of being abused.
| Species: Kel'Dor | Homeworld: Dorin | Age: 11 | Initiated: 335.10 |
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Post by Jerex Sol »

Pretty sure people do this already. ;)
Also this.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03