Pulling someone up onto edges

Post your ideas and suggestions here
Grokh'torr
Lost One

Pulling someone up onto edges

Post by Grokh'torr »

In RPMod, edges that cannot be jumped onto can often still be reached by ledge-grabbing the edge and pulling yourself up. However, those who cannot even jump high enough to trigger the ledge-grab sequence could maybe be pulled up by someone who is already standing on the edge/ledge they want to get onto.

It sounds like a complex implementation to me: you would need appropriate animations for the one who pulls up (the one being pulled up can just use the standard ledge-grab animation we have right now), programming that includes both the one being pulled up and the one pulling, and maybe making the whole thing toggle-able so that you only help someone pulling them up if you want to (at the same time: also so that you only get pulled up if you want to).

I am aware there is the possibility to just Force Grip 3 or Force Pull 2 someone onto the edge you're standing on, but for cases where these can't be used/accessed this could be helpful.
Jerex Sol
Lost One

Re: Pulling someone up onto edges

Post by Jerex Sol »

It might be worth mentioning that if a ledge is too high for someone to not be able to reach it with the assistance of pull or hold, unless you make this animation activatable from far enough away this wouldn't really work as they wouldn't be able to even enter the animation in the first place. You would need to alter the way the pull up anim works in the first place for this to be a viable addition.

Specifically, you would need to change how far below an edge you are able to enter the animation sequence. Though there might be a way for someone to enter into an animation on top of the ledge first and then that would allow the person below to enter into the animation sequence as well. But that's just me thinking out loud. Honestly, this might be too much work as it would likely involve having to create new animation sequences from scratch to go along with the pull up anim already in place. And then there is the scripting/coding required to allow this game to even recognise the new sequences and activate them appropriately. That's just the basic amount of work that would likely need to be done to get this suggestion into the game. Then again, I could be totally wrong and maybe this is far more simpler than I believe it to be.
Species: Arkanian| Born: 302.23| Languages: Arkanian, Basic| Initiated: 316.17| Noviced: 320.25 | Knighted: 340.20 | Mastered: 372.03
Van Thoon
Lost One

Re: Pulling someone up onto edges

Post by Van Thoon »

I think this would just be a modified melee grab code or script. Which is very far out of my jurisdiction of knowledge and complicated
| Species: Kel'Dor | Homeworld: Dorin | Age: 11 | Initiated: 335.10 |