Installing on Mac with Steam Version

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Voughtymir

Installing on Mac with Steam Version

Post by Voughtymir »

Hi all,

So, I tried searching in the forums, but it seems like I am the first to attempt installing the RPMod on a Mac machine with a Steam version of the game.

What I've done thus far is located JKA both in my "steamapps" file as well as a generic JKA folder in my "application support" file, and I've copied the necessary files into the "base" folders found in both.

I've included all of the assets that I found in the repository. When I boot up, I get the RPMod screen first, and when I switch over to multiplayer it does say "RPMod 0.5.0 Beta"

On a side note, placing the RPMod files into the steam folder doesn't seem to do anything, it's the standalone JKA file in my application support folder that put in the RPMod screen and modified the multiplayer screen.

When I try to connect to a JEDI server, it says I'm missing files. When I try and start my own solo game, I have the option to chose any of the 3 JEDI maps that I've downloaded, as well as set my own force levels to any of 7 force mastery levels, which I believe are from the RPMod. However, when I try to launch it crashes. Here is the error log:
RPMOD error.rtf
(39.42 KiB) Downloaded 198 times
Also, when creating a custom character, for the lightsaber screen, I see all of the custom hilts and weapons from what I assume is the weapon pack, and I do have the option for "RGB" color, but when I click on it, all I get a white saber blade.

Hope you guys can help!

Thank in advance!

Edit: When I try to connect to a JEDI server with autodownload enabled, it tries to download RPMod-server-assests.pk3. Could that be preventing me from connecting? Just a thought.
Galen Sol
Lost One

Re: Installing on Mac with Steam Version

Post by Galen Sol »

Auto-download should be avoided if you've already downloaded the packs necessary to run the RPmod servers. That's quite a common problem with JA-MP, since only a few servers actually let you download their assets, if any are available. Try turning off auto-download and if you've got RPmod installed, check for any new updates that are available.