[NEW] Ranged NPC Targetting

If you encounter a bug with RPMod, please post here
Alehk Thol
Lost One

[NEW] Ranged NPC Targetting

Post by Alehk Thol »

The effect of this problem seems to be inconsistent. When an blaster-wielding NPC is spawned, the NPC will not attack a player with their lightsaber drawn.

In today's case, the NPC would attack me without hesitation as normal (lightsaber drawn or not) but would not attack Wrennin. When Wrennin holstered his lightsaber completely, the NPC would begin attacking him.

A day or two ago, the same thing occurred except the NPCs would refuse to attack either of us unless we were unarmed. A number of ranged NPCs were tested and the problem persisted. Lightsaber wielding targets seem unaffected while this problem is going on.

If anyone has stumbled upon a way to resolve this, I would greatly appreciate a helping hand.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Re: Ranged NPC Targetting

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

This has been a major issue in MP since release and isn't limited to RPmod, it happens on all mods as far as I'm aware, something to do with the programming of them.

No known fix after all these years so I'd be very surprised if someone suddenly found one.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Alehk Thol wrote: If anyone has stumbled upon a way to resolve this, I would greatly appreciate a helping hand.
Server restart is the usual fix I thought. Seem's to fix the bug.

What I find causes the bug is using melee on NPC's, any NPC's for that matter. Just seems to screw them up.

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Arven Silaan wrote: What I find causes the bug is using melee on NPC's, any NPC's for that matter. Just seems to screw them up.
If you use Pull on them, they start to screw up as well.
While you get their weapon, they still wield it. They don't use meele to attack, just keep moving around players or stand still.

Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Yeah because I none of the NPC's are programmed to use melee, I'm fairly sure it came in as a mod in JK+ originally.

I could be wrong, but I can't remember an npc punching in single player, they just seemed to leg it and I had to chase them down.. :twisted:

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Arven Silaan wrote:Yeah because I none of the NPC's are programmed to use melee, I'm fairly sure it came in as a mod in JK+ originally.

I could be wrong, but I can't remember an npc punching in single player, they just seemed to leg it and I had to chase them down.. :twisted:
granmelee
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Vathius Krai
Lost One

Post by Vathius Krai »

I've seen this once on the server when Kenta was hosting a deflecting class the npc only attacked Kenta because he was the one who attacked the npc first Kenta had to stand behind the other padawans so it would seem it's targeting them instead.
I tested a few npcs and no matter what class it is Stormtrooper - Rodian etc.. they attack you randomly and tried the bespincop and chewie they obviously never attack you.
I'm not sure how's that gonna help but I thought I should tell you the results of my experiments.
Hope anyone would figure out a way to fix it.
Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

Evanin wrote:
Arven Silaan wrote:Yeah because I none of the NPC's are programmed to use melee, I'm fairly sure it came in as a mod in JK+ originally.

granmelee

I guess they were always too slow for me to notice :P

Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Arven Silaan wrote:
Evanin wrote:

granmelee

I guess they were always too slow for me to notice :P
'Too slow' they are as buggy as every other npc that uses a blaster (excluding Boba cos he pretty much works perfectly if not OP haha) they remain stationary and as far as I know just punch the air in an effort to hit you xD

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

Evanin wrote:'Too slow' they are as buggy as every other npc that uses a blaster (excluding Boba cos he pretty much works perfectly if not OP haha) they remain stationary and as far as I know just punch the air in an effort to hit you xD
Going slightly off topic here. Remember the point of these threads.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight