Model problems

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Durindfire
Lost One

Model problems

Post by Durindfire »

I recently thought I'd try my hand at ripping from MovieBattles and using one of their droids as Durindfire's new playermodel once his host is built. I seem to have run into some problems though - because even though it's a moviebattles II BX commando droid with what at least two people have told me is everything required for the model to work perfectly, it refuses to allow me to use the /model console command, changing me to Kyle Katarn instead. I've had several people tell me with absolute certainty that that is the correct command for the model. I made absolutely sure to zip the folder and then rename it to Durin.pk3.

Included is a screenshot of both the model's path and it's folders contents.
http://imgur.com/Nx0rrxp

One person told me my gamedata folder's contents are atypical in that they don't have a JEDI folder and all of their playermodels are in their rpmodel folder. I've tried placing the pk3 in both base, JEDI and RPmod gamedata folders to no avail. I'm of the opinion it's something to do with how moviebattles handles their models differently, however there are tutorials in the MBII forums replacing MBII models with JKA ones, but nothing about vice-versa. Obviously I don't know anything about either topics..

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Is it something I'm missing? Something that shouldn't be there? If needbe I can upload the .pk3 itself.

Edit: resolved, nohgri twins struck while the iron was hot. Simple pathing error apparently.
Last edited by Durindfire on Fri May 15, 2015 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Durindfire | Homeworld: Orax | Species: Shard | Age: 108 Rank: Padawan | Initiated: 338.25 | Year of Consciousness: 238(.12) ABY |
Lofbacca
Lost One

Re: Model problems

Post by Lofbacca »

Add me on steam. I can help you with this.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lofbacca
|-Name: Lofbacca-||-Homeworld: Kashyyyk-|
|-Mentor: Shaok Panek-||-Species: Wookiee-|
|-Noviced: 338.17 ABY-||-Apprenticed: 338.17 ABY-|
Dev Kai
Lost One

Post by Dev Kai »

winrar was giving me a heck of a time with renaming as well. PAKSCAPE definitely works for saving pk3's if winrar is all you have. Hope this helps.
Durindfire
Lost One

Post by Durindfire »

That could possibly be the problem. I packed it via winRAR into a .zip but renamed it .pk3 manually.

Edit: resolved, nohgri twins struck while the iron was hot. Simple pathing error apparently.
Durindfire | Homeworld: Orax | Species: Shard | Age: 108 Rank: Padawan | Initiated: 338.25 | Year of Consciousness: 238(.12) ABY |
Arven Silaan
Lost One

Post by Arven Silaan »

I daresay it will be due to something in your .skin file. I'd be happy to take a look if you wish to send me the pk3.

Durindfire
Lost One

Post by Durindfire »

Yes, the only issue now is an error with the holster.cfg. I believe that can be taken care of, however. Thanks.