Servrs

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Vuul Garen

Servrs

Post by Vuul Garen »

I can't s the server list when i log in through steam. I click the rp launcher and it re directs me to steam to play. I hit multiplayer, and I go hit join server but I cant find any servers.
Name: Talos Miles Species: Human Homeworld: Taris Born: 337.08
Durindfire
Lost One

Re: Servrs

Post by Durindfire »

Alright, input the following into 'New favorite' and press OK.

The Galaxy, used for missions and private RP:

Code: Select all

galaxy.jediholo.net:29073
The Grounds, used for trips out to the wilds of Yavin IV:

grounds.jediholo.net29071
The Temple, the main server:

temple.jediholo.net:29070

All of these should be available somewhere in the rules and conduct pages.
Durindfire | Homeworld: Orax | Species: Shard | Age: 108 Rank: Padawan | Initiated: 338.25 | Year of Consciousness: 238(.12) ABY |
Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Did you download that JKA 1.1 patch?

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Running the game through Steam means that JKA's automatically patched. If everything's installed correctly and it's still not working, try going to steam and right clicking on Jedi Knight Academy. Click on properties and then set launch options under the general tab. Enter the following:

+set fs_game rpmod

Everytime you run Multiplayer through steam, it should automatically boot up Rpmod, from there as said above, put in the server Ip address into your favorites and it should pop up. Many of us have found complications in running JKA through Steam, sometimes it's a little trial and error but I personally cannot run my game through the RPmod launcher, I have to run it directly through the Steam Client. Don't ask why, I honestly couldn't tell you.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Bo Iiln
Lost One

Post by Bo Iiln »

Something that has worked for me regarding playing through Steam:

Yes, use the RPMod Launcher to update skins, etc. but don't hit "connect to temple". From my experience, this does not launch the game properly. So, I simply launch directly from Steam (using the settings mentioned above to launch RPMod from Steam) and then connect via my Favorites list.

Try it and see what's up.
Species: Kel Dor | Age: 40's | Initiated: 307 ABY |
Knighted: 325 ABY | Mentor: Raloran Mulloc | Padawan: Evanin Dawnstar_Xel Damar_Maia Rimora_Durindfire
Elensa Jari
Lost One

Post by Elensa Jari »

That's usually better, yes. Steam doesn't seem to like the RPMod Launcher, so it's best to use that only to download updates to the right locations.
Species: Hapan | Age: 9 | Initiated: 337.16 ABY | Mentor: Maia Rimora