CPD (Creative Projects Display)

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Jen-Da
Lost One

CPD (Creative Projects Display)

Post by Jen-Da »

I like the ::JEDI:: draws thread, so this is kind inspired by that.
The basic idea is, for schmucks like me to have somewhere to display what we've been working through out the week, month, year. Or maybe you just made something, cool here twenty minutes ago. But you don't have anyone to share it with, who can give you feedback on it. People might have differing reasons to wanna share their most recent re-texturing pack, or sound effects, maybe they made a shortfilm or did something else. It doesn't even have to be PC related. If you made wooden machine, capable of perpetual motion, that's cool too. Anything's cool, as long as it's something you've created really.
I'm personally quite fond of creating music when I have the time for it, though I never really get very far with it. So most of the time the things I create end up never being finished. But it's still sort of fun, even if it's not always too pleasant on other peoples ears :lol:

I made this atmospheric kind of tune, heavily inspired by the music created by Anton Riehl, who currently works with Wolfire Games to create the score and sound design for their game Overgrowth.

https://soundcloud.com/fuzzytosser/nebula

I'll be very interested in seeing what the rest of you have created, or even just hearing about it if displaying isn't actually an option for you.
Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Re: CPD (Creative Projects Display)

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

I feel like that one could be part of EVE Online's musical setup.
Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

Aslyn Denethorn wrote:I feel like that one could be part of EVE Online's musical setup.
^ That.

Maybe we can get that tune of yours in the music pack, I think it'd make for some nice atmospheric music for when aboard a ship roleplaying ^_^
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Jen-Da
Lost One

Post by Jen-Da »

That would be pretty cool, but I fear it's a bit short :lol:
I'd have to change the pacing of it a bit, as this was just more like a one minute genre sample. I'm flattered though!
Dev Kai
Lost One

Post by Dev Kai »

I've always been a fan of relaxing ambient music (even though I mostly like metal) and I like this a lot. It should be put in the music pack for sure. Thanks for sharing and making this thread.
Maia Rimora
Lost One

Post by Maia Rimora »

Might be a bit short but we have similar ones! It all plays on loop anyways, so I'm pretty content, though, no one will likely stop you from wanting to revise it :P
ImageCathar | Homeworld: Cathar | Mentor: Alehk Thol
Kro’jan Touru
Lost One

Post by Kro’jan Touru »

I got that idea right after listening to it, that one day you might be the one making JEDI music for trailers et cetra. keep the good work.