Program Has Stopped Working...Windows 10 issue?

Please post here to get help with RPMod (only!)
Rorik Vakanlore
Lost One

Program Has Stopped Working...Windows 10 issue?

Post by Rorik Vakanlore »

Having an issue getting Rpmod, let alone JEDI Academy in general, to run on my new laptop operating on Windows 10. Never had any issues like this before, tried to set it to be Windows 7 & 8 compatible but no luck still. I'm not great with computers so idk if this is just something silly I'm overlooking or if this actually a bigger issue. The main JA Menu box and Rpmod Launcher will both open and it'll pull up the blue Jedi Academy Screen right before it stops working. I got nothin

If you have any ideas I'd really appreciate it. Thanks everyone :)

name_rorik.vakanlore|species_zabrak|age_15|rank_initiate

Aslyn Denethorn
Lost One

Re: Program Has Stopped Working...Windows 10 issue?

Post by Aslyn Denethorn »

Rorik Vakanlore
Lost One

Yeah I just gave that a shot, sorry I didn't see that post just yet, but I'm still having the same issue. Should that be placed anywhere specifically in the gamedata folder? Because that sadly isn't working for me.

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Alright, did you actually update by Windows Update or a link?
Basically, lots of people receive this mail with an alternative way to download Windows 10 if you didn't get it on Windows Update. Now, I've been discussing this with lots of people and seems like only this "version" by the link is quite bad.
I restored back to Windows 8.1, now I suggest you to do the same by going on your control panel.
Then, download every single necessary update for Windows 8.1. Once done, you should be able to download Windows 10 by Windows Update. If not, there is another way to force it.
Go on your regedit (open Run and write in regedit) then go [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/WindowsUpdate
/OSUpgrade] It should exist, but if not, create it.

Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value with Name = "AllowOSUpgrade” (without the quotes), and set the Value = 1
Obviously you still have to download Windows 8.1 drivers/updates first. Otherwise, you will never get the update notification.

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

Alright, did you actually update by Windows Update or a link?
Basically, lots of people receive this mail with an alternative way to download Windows 10 if you didn't get it on Windows Update. Now, I've been discussing this with lots of people and seems like only this "version" by the link is quite bad.
I restored back to Windows 8.1, now I suggest you to do the same by going on your control panel.
Then, download every single necessary update for Windows 8.1. Once done, you should be able to download Windows 10 by Windows Update. If not, there is another way to force it.
Go on your regedit (open Run and write in regedit) then go [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/WindowsUpdate
/OSUpgrade] It should exist, but if not, create it.

Create a new DWORD (32-bit) Value with Name = "AllowOSUpgrade” (without the quotes), and set the Value = 1
Obviously you still have to download Windows 8.1 drivers/updates first. Otherwise, you will never get the update notification.

P.S: I mentioned only Windows 8.1, but it works from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1. You still have to update its drivers and etc.
P.S: Also, sorry for the double-post, forum went crazy while posting I suppose.
Last edited by Nico Keztor on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rorik Vakanlore
Lost One

Sorry for the late response, Nico, but I was able to get it up and working. Thanks for your help, couldn't of done it without you I'm no good at these things. Really appreciate it!

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Just to clarify sorry Nico, the update for people that own licensed windows OS such as windows 7; it works with no issues regarding JKA? I'm wondering whether to do it or not as it popped up for me this morning.

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.

Nico Keztor
Lost One

Post by Nico Keztor »

If you download by Windows Update, there shouldn't be any issue.

Kieran Orion
Lost One

Post by Kieran Orion »

Excellent! I'm doing so now, cheers bud. :)

Homeworld: Iridonia | Languages: Basic, Ul'Zabrak | Mentor: Amone Fayden | Jedi Knight | Circle of Artisans.