Location of the Rannon Praxeum

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Location of the Rannon Praxeum

Post by Cerez Kay »

Hi guys,

So I take it that the Rannon Praxeum is JEDI's main place of learning, right?

Forgive my ignorance, but where is this praxeum actually located? I couldn't find any information on it. Is it stationed in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, or somewhere else?

Are there any other Jedi academies/praxeums in the JEDI RP world?
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Inventory: Skimboard, Comlink, Datapad (Custom Modified), Training Lightsaber
Alehk Thol
Lost One

Re: Location of the Rannon Praxeum

Post by Alehk Thol »

Hey, Cerez!

The Rannon Praxeum is based on the planet Rannon. We chose this planet because it had so little lore associated with it. The community is in the process of drafting its own lore for the planet.

As for other facilities: Recent events in our timeline have seen the Jedi dwindle drastically in number, leaving here and Ossus as the main two establishments left.*

* If I've missed one, guys, let me know!
Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

Alehk Thol wrote:Recent events in our timeline have seen the Jedi dwindle drastically in number, leaving here and Ossus as the main two establishments left.

As of, Coruscant's Jedi being wiped out, Dantooine captured by the new bad guys of the new arc, remaining Jedi rebuilding on Ossus. (Jedi = x)
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

Thanks guys. That doesn't sound very stable... LOL! :?

So the age-old Coruscant Jedi Temple is deserted or in ruins now? :shock: When and how did this happen?

Edit: Is there any place I can read up on the current history/events?
Last edited by Cerez Kay on Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Homeworld: Coruscant (Level 1243) | Species: Pantoran | Age: 15 | Born: 329.02 | Initiated: 342.06 | Apprenticed: 343.02 | Mentor: Jel'a Vra

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

In our current storyline, there was a flu-like disease which developed into an epidemic, killing approximately over 90% of the Jedi in the Coruscant Temple as well as tens of thousands of civilians on the planet. The remaining Jedi moved to Ossus.

A quarantine was put in place in the core which occurred officially on 331.12 ABY. The plague has since been cured and the quarantine lifted.

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight

Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

Ouch. So in all likelihood my character's already dead before I even started... :cry:

Keth Flynn
Lost One

Post by Keth Flynn »

I feel it would be a good idea to put up something that would show and explain the going-ons with the present arc but something permanent, not only the holo-news.
Name:Keth Flynn|Birthdate:315.18 ABY|Mentor:Dev Kai|Knighted:346.29|

Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

Keth Flynn wrote:I feel it would be a good idea to put up something that would show and explain the going-ons with the present arc but something permanent, not only the holo-news.
True.

In order:

Holonews Archives
Holonews Archives
Main Page
Cerez Kay wrote:Ouch. So in all likelihood my character's already dead before I even started... :cry:
Not necessarily! Pantora itself is apparently is the opposite end of the galaxy. Besides, the Core worlds and northern parts of the galaxy were the main ones afflicted. ^.^

Political Galaxy Map
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

No, wait, I can salvage this! She's 12 now, and her parents disappeared when she was 2 on Coruscant, so that coincides with the plague...

The only thing I have to change is the location of the Temple she was taken to. So that means she would have had to be taken offworld by a Jedi Knight to Rannon.

Thanks Alehk! :) And yeah, at least a timeline with major events in the new players' guide would help tremendously. I would have asked questions before submitting my application if I had known that there was a devastating epidemic on Coruscant that ended the Jedi Order there.

Alehk Thol
Lost One

Post by Alehk Thol »

This page may help some-what: "Joining JEDI"

"II. Consult a Mentor"
As JEDI undergoes many changes in it's lore, it can sometimes be difficult for hopefuls to write biographies that are consistent with current arcs being carried out. To help, we have a regularly updated list of Knights and Masters below who are willing to assist hopefuls with their applications before submitting it to the Council. To request the assistance of any of the below mentors, send them a private message over the Comport.
Though not on the list, I'm available to help as well. :)
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

Well, that's what we're doing now, I guess... And thanks. ^_^ I appreciate it.

Durindfire
Lost One

Post by Durindfire »

And if you want a physical representation of where Rannon is within Star Wars' galaxy, well.

I have that. This particular version of the galactic map didn't actually include Rannon or it's system, so I just circled in red where the Instrop system would be.

Durindfire | Homeworld: Orax | Species: Shard | Age: 108 Rank: Padawan | Initiated: 338.25 | Year of Consciousness: 238(.12) ABY |
Cerez Kay
Lost One

Post by Cerez Kay »

Thanks Durindfire -- incredibly useful! I guess she's closer now at the Rannon Praxeum to her species' home moon than she ever was in her life! Pantora is near Alzoc at the bottom right (though not marked, as well).

Silas Vir'n
Lost One

Post by Silas Vir'n »

Rannon is included on the political map as well! (W-19)

name_silas.vir'n|age_47|height_1.93m|rank_knight