*NEW* Shader Overlays

Discussions which are Out of Character.
Amoné Fayden
Lost One

Re: *NEW* Shader Overlays

Post by Amoné Fayden »

Esth Me'sku wrote:I guess I am missing it, haha. What would adding in brighter details do to improve gameplay? I am kind of lost.
No worries Esth.

What this all is, is a sort of graphic shader that will change the way your screen looks.
It doesn't affect game play in any way. NPC's will still see you from the same distance etc.

It's basically a little effect that can help improve the atmosphere of RP via trickery.

Rita's example shows us that by using dark overlays, we can emulate Night Time on a map that is normally bright. Just as an example of course.

Examples made after that would be to add a colour hue overlay. For instance, maybe an off-blue overlay would emulate a moonlit night.

Human/Zabrak | Jedi Knight | Padawan: Kieran Orion

Alara
Lost One

Post by Alara »

Using a black shader at the moment wouldn't really be useful as a way to make things look like night time. It would however work as a great way to give a darker feel to a dungeon by using the shader more like a cinematic effect than a true IC one.

Rita and I messed around with some shaders a bit yesterday, and I've got a couple of ideas from that. Hopefully we can get something going!
Xfire= alarajka

The sands are frantic
In the hourglass. But there is time
To change, to utterly destroy
That too-familiar image
Lurking in the glass.
Evanin Dawnstar
Lost One

Post by Evanin Dawnstar »

Shameless bump for any knight/master not already aware of these. Note that these are automatically downloaded with 0.5.0 it would appear. They also stack me and Wrennin discovered.
| Evanin J. Dawnstar | Dantooine | Forty-Seven |
| Mentors: Bo Iiln/Shaok Panek |
"As one grows older, they realize the futility in trying to avoid responsibility as a child." Image

>> Updated Skin Link <<

Amalia Feyn
Lost One

Post by Amalia Feyn »

Evanin Dawnstar wrote: Note that these are automatically downloaded with 0.5.0 it would appear.
You're kidding? Hah! Didn't realize that.

My meaningful contribution to RPmod complete ^^